Member of Parliament for Jomoro, Dorcas Affo-Toffey has congratulated the new leadership of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) in Parliament.
The NDC reshuffled its leadership in Parliament by appointing Ajumako Enyam Essiam legislator, Dr Cassiel Ato Forson as the new Minority Leader.
In the shake-up, MP for Ketu North, James Klutse Avedzi, and the MP for Asawase, Muntaka Mubarak, lost their positions as Minority leader, Deputy Minority leader and Minority Chief Whip respectively.
They have been replaced by the MP for Ajumako-Enyam-Essiam, Dr. Cassiel Ato Forson, MP for Ellembelle, Emmanuel Kofi Buah and MP for Adaklu, Kwame Agbodza as Minority leader, Deputy Minority leader and Minority Chief Whip respectively.
In a show of support on social media Hon. Dorcas Affo-Toffey congratulated the fresh team and asked for support for them as the NDC seeks to regain power in the 2024 elections.
“Congratulations to the new leadership of the minority caucus of Parliament. Over the years, the NDC has been growing in a competitive democratic environment and today’s changes in our caucus in parliament reflect this path,” she wrote on Facebook.
“Let’s all support this new leadership in Parliament for victory 2024. Once again, congratulations to Hon. Dr Cassiel Ato Forson (Minority leader), Hon Emmanuel Armah Kofi-Buah (Deputy minority leader) and Kwame Agbodze (Minority Chief Whip). #TogetherWeCan”
The NDC in a letter dated January 23, 2023, and addressed to the Speaker of Parliament informed Parliament about the changes.
The letter stated that the new leadership has been charged to recommend consequential changes at the ranking membership level to the national headquarters.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Livestream: PM Express discusses whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents