Livestock sellers at the Kwame Nkrumah Interchange were on Wednesday forced to clean and desilt a choked gutter in their frontage by the Accra Metro Environmental Health Inspectors.
The environmental officers went out under the Joy Clean Ghana Campaign to enforce the Accra Metropolitan Assembly’s new environmental policy, Operation Clean Your Frontage.
The sellers had used pallets to cover a long stretch of gutter in front of where they trade to aid their customers cross to buy their animals.
The gutter was choked with dried grass they used to feed the animals.
After a brief misunderstanding between the sellers and the Director of AMA Environmental Health Department, Madam Florence Kuukyi, they were compelled to clean the gutter and issued with caution notes.
Madam Kuukyi subsequently arranged for a refuse truck from AMA to cart the refuse away.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Joy Learning facilitator Stella Gyimaah Larbi adjudged overall best teacher for 2022
- Cardiovascular diseases on the rise in Ghana; access to healthcare still a challenge – Report
- Power supply was curtailed to Weija, adjourning communities due to flood – ECG
- Nigeria Plans 15% Increase in Borrowing to Fund Record Deficit
- Government running Ghana as “a satellite state of international capital” – Martin Amidu
- Livestream: NDC holds presser on illegal mining
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Increase price of bag of cocoa to ¢1,500 or we smuggle it – Farmers
- 281 artisans pass out as certified electricians in Ashanti region
- Government records fiscal deficit of 6.4% as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Cedi loses 37.5% in value to dollar as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- 51 GrEEn SMEs receive over ¢1.3m total matching grant to expand their business
- Banks profit-before-tax grows 25.2% to ¢6.1bn
- Kanye West wants Jamie Foxx to play him in a movie
- Black Sherif’s ‘Soja’ debuts on Billboard’s US Afrobeats Chart