A journalist working with Kenya’s state broadcaster was shot dead at her home in the outcasts of the capital Nairobi.
Two gunmen entered Betty Barasa’s home as she was driving in from work on Wednesday evening.
They ordered her husband and children to lie on the ground and one of the gunmen took Ms Barasa to her bedroom.
The family later heard two gunshots and the gunman walked out of the bedroom and left with the other one.
Police in Ngong area say Ms Barasa succumbed to injuries to her head.
The motive for her killing remains unclear.
The media council has condemned the killing and called for a speedy investigation:
The @MediaCouncilK has learnt with sadness, the unfortunate death of Ms. Betty Barasa, a Senior Video Editor with @KBCChannel1. The Council expresses it deepest condolences to family, friends and colleagues. #RIPBettyBarasa@CrimeScribesKE pic.twitter.com/k20x5vYqVt— Media Council of Kenya (@MediaCouncilK) April 8, 2021
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- 3 ECG employees charged for stealing ¢2.1m prepaid credits
- No one from Ghana’s film industry approached me while I was here – Spike Lee
- Martin Amidu on Anas: ‘Genuine anti-corruption crusaders don’t hide behind masks’
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Ashanti NDC refutes allegations of wearing military uniforms on campaign tour
- We owe Green Ghana seed providers ¢28m, not ¢2.3bn – Government
- Inaki is not scoring for Ghana because he plays with a No.10 who loves to score – Ignatius Osei Fosu
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Pass outstanding revenue bills – Youth in Accountable Governance to Parliament
- Joint Paper by KAIPTC researchers wins global prize
- Standard Chartered Bank appoints Albert Larweh Asante as new Executive Director
- Al Jazeera exposé: Zimbabwe government gags media
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Full text: Annual report on Office of the President staffing
- Kumasi Central Market traders disagree debt exchange programme is responsible for stalled market redevelopment project
- Rapper Flo Rida’s 6-year-old son hospitalised after falling from fifth-floor apartment
- ECG disconnects Ho West, Agotime Ziope, and South Dayi District assemblies
- Ameyaw Debrah reveals why some bloggers keep mistakes on their pages
- We’ve acted within our powers to protect investors – SEC boss
- Ridge Church School launches Trust Fund to construct SHS
- VGMA is a curse to Highlife music – Ambolley