Audio By Carbonatix
Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta has given assurance that the La General Hospital Project, which had been stalled, will resume construction next week.
He disclosed that the terms with the contractor have been successfully renegotiated, and funding for the project will now be sourced from the national budget.
The minister emphasised that the contractor has been directed to make substantial progress by the end of the year.

Mr Ofori-Atta highlighted the government's commitment to ensuring the successful completion of the project to fulfil its intended purpose.
- Read also: Stalled La General Hospital: Government identifies €50m local funds for project – Agyemang-Manu
“Mr Speaker, the Government has renegotiated the contract terms of the La General Hospital Project and will now be funded through the national budget.
"The contractor is expected back on site next week to complete a significant amount of work by 2024.”
On Tuesday, the Health Minister, Kwaku Agyemang-Manu also disclosed that the Project be completed within the same work scope but at a reduced price of €50 million.
The La General Hospital was demolished in July 2020 after the hospital's administration reported severe structural problems.
As a result, President Akufo-Addo cut the sod for the commencement of construction of the Hospital Redevelopment Project on August 10, 2020, but work is yet to start.

In his briefing, Mr Agyemang-Manu told the House that, at the 37th sitting of Cabinet, President Akufo-Addo directed the Ministers of Trade and Industry, Health and Finance to find alternative sources of funding to recommence the project.
He said: "Through the efforts of the three-man committee, the Minister of Finance has now identified funds locally to continue the project with the same simple work scope but a reviewed price of 50 million Euros."
Latest Stories
-
2026 ACI World Congress: In Accra, a quiet reframe of how emerging markets see themselves
13 minutes -
No break-in, no theft at Ashaiman showroom – Hisense Ghana clarifies
1 hour -
This Saturday on Newsfile: Attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
2 hours -
The evidence before High Court continues to expose weakness of the Republic’s case against Wontumi
2 hours -
I recommended Haruna and Muntaka for ministerial roles — Asiedu Nketia
2 hours -
The Cost of Macroeconomic Stabilization: An Analysis of the Bank ofGhana’s 2025 Financial Deficit
2 hours -
Haruna Iddrisu takes a subtle jibe at Asiedu Nketia’s ‘Thank You Tour’
3 hours -
GSA, PTB donate 50 calibrated weighing scales to Techiman traders on World Metrology Day
3 hours -
US says temporary visa holders should leave to apply for Green Cards
3 hours -
Asiedu Nketia pledges stronger welfare support for former NDC executives
3 hours -
NDC parliamentary leadership reshuffle secured 2024 election victory – Asiedua Nketiah
5 hours -
Agbodza visits Adaklu-Helekpe mudslide victims, warns of more danger around mountain
5 hours -
TTAG urge government’s urgent action on recruitment and postings
5 hours -
World Vision Ghana brings joy to Wa West children with mass birthday celebration
5 hours -
Health Ministry announces mop-up exercise for validation and posting of health professionals
5 hours