Executive Secretary of the National Coalition for Proper Human Sexual Rights and Family Values has said that persons who subscribe to the LGBTQ+ phenomenon have a medical condition that has to be treated.
Sharing his views about the LGBT Bill on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show Monday, Moses Foh-Amoaning said the Coalition has established a medical system that treats persons in the LGBTQ+ spectrum.
“Lawyers have gone to it, judges have gone to it. So many people. I don’t want to mention names. We’ve treated them and they’re all fine. And if you have friends who are in that type of situation, we are willing to help them,” he said.
He further stated that persons who recant their status as LGBTQ+ would not have to serve the 10-year jail term but rather would be given medical treatments such as; psychological, psychiatric, and counselling.
Citing cases to back his comment, he said that South African athlete, Caster Semenya is an example of cases that can be treated medically.
“Caster Semenya is a runner. I’m trying to make you see that it’s a medical condition and it’s a proven fact. It is because she is female, but she has an excess of testosterone because the dominant female hormone is estrogen. And so if there’s a hormonal imbalance, then that’s what causes her to have these masculine qualities. We call it ‘obaa barima’.
“And in Ghanaian culture, the same thing transposes into the male that we call ‘Kojo Besia’, that is the male who has got feminine features. Because the person has got an excess of the normal estrogen. . It is endocrinology. There’s hormonal treatment for it. “
Mr Foh-Amoaning said that even transgender persons take hormonal treatments when switching from one gender to the other.
“Anybody who tells you, I’m born like that. You cannot change. That’s a lie from hell.”
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- Swansea fans clamor for Andre Ayew return
- There is no coming back from this – Husband of Yellow Sisi Waakye seller
- Kwabena Kwabena celebrates Agya Koo Nimo on 92nd birthday
- Modernisation and harmonisation of regulatory frameworks critical for universal broadband coverage by 2030 – MTN Group CEO
- Exposé on school placement: Education Minister and I should take full responsibility – Prof. Opoku Amankwah
- $350k STEM project inaugurated in Accra
- Alan is a servant leader – Rev Ampiah-Kwofi
- Economic activity moderates; but business, consumer confidence improves – BoG Governor
- Assist police to bring perpetrators to book – MP appeals to Krofrom residents
- Banks profit fall by 18.9% to ¢3.9bn in 2022
- Exposé on school placement: I’m appreciative of your investigations – Education Minister tells Fourth Estate
- Attorney-General touts Ghana’s strong human rights record at un in Geneva
- ‘Placement for sale’ exposé the greatest evidence of SHS placement fraud – Peter Anti
- ‘There’s nothing socialist about Nkrumah – 99-yr-old diplomat recounts
- Fiscal measures to help restore debt sustainability, cut inflation, stabilise cedi – MPC
- Young entrepreneurs in Ketu South Municipality sensitized on AfCFTA