Dansoman-based Liberty Professionals have been crowned champions of the 2022 Division
One League Super Cup held at the Kyebi Astro Turf on Friday 26th August, 2022.
This was after a thrilling game against newly-promoted Ghana Premier League side, Nsoatreman Fc in the final of the tournament.
Liberty took the lead in the 34th minute through Seedorf Asante’s strike to go into halftime leading 1-0.
Despite a spirited performance in the second half by Nsoaterem, the Scientific Soccer Lads held on to end their pre-season in style.
For their reward, Liberty took home medals and a cash prize of GHC 15,000. Nsoatreman also took home medals and Eight Thousand Cedis cash prize.
In the bronze match, Samartex FC edged out Tamale City 4:3 on penalties.
This was after the teams were tied 1:1 after 90 minutes at the Kyebi Astro Turf.
The tournament was organised for the champions and first runners-ups across the three zones in the 2021/22 Division One League along with two of the third-best placed teams with the aim of assisting the teams prepare ahead of the next season.
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Economy is in crisis, we need Debt Exchange Programme to get IMF Staff-Level Agreement – Abena Osei Asare
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Qatar 2022: We could have excelled if we knew each other – Salis Abdul Samed
- Close down betting companies around schools -Dr Adutwum to Gaming Commission
- S&P downgrades Ghana’s long-term local currency bonds to “selective default”
- College of Physicians and Surgeons to undertake fellowship training programmes in regional hospitals
- Soya sector players call on government to appoint new leaders along value chain
- Phones in the right hand, books in the left – WASSCE vs mobile phones
- Salis Samed tips Kudus, Kamaldeen to lead Black Stars’ resurgence
- KSM urges government to seal financial loopholes and cut the number of ministers
- Don’t entertain unfaithfulness in your relationship – Counselor advises women
- Kenya launches bid to co-host Africa Cup of Nations in 2027
- Elon Musk rejects concerns over beds at Twitter HQ
- Self-styled soldier arrested over recruitment scam
- It’s time students stopped ‘chew and pour’- Eugenia Tachie-Menson
- Dashboard: Mobile money transactions in Ghana
- Financial Stability Council pledges to closely monitor impacts of Debt Exchange Programme; ¢15bn fund to be set up