Audio By Carbonatix
Liverpool goalkeeper Adrian could miss his side's Premier League game against Southampton on Saturday after a collision with a pitch invader.
Manager Jurgen Klopp says the Spaniard was injured during post-match celebrations following Liverpool's win over Chelsea in the Super Cup on Wednesday.
"A supporter jumped over something, was chased by some security guys, slipped and kicked his ankle. Crazy," Klopp said after Adrian saved Tammy Abraham's penalty in the shootout win."
He added: "Apart from that it was a brilliant night for him."
The incident happened as the Liverpool players were huddled together celebrating the match-winning save.
A supporter, attempting to join the group, ran towards them, slipping as he was grabbed by a steward, and collided with several players.
Klopp said: "There's no doubt about how much we love our fans, there's no doubt about that at all, but if they all could stop doing that - that's the worst example we have so far heard about.
"We played against Manchester City and someone ran on the pitch then.
"At Norwich, there was someone as well.
"I don't know what you can do about it in the stadium but that means there is a lot of responsibility for the supporters as well. If one person cannot hesitate or stop himself, then the people around should do it because it's not funny. It's crazy. You think 'wow, how can something like this happen?'"
Liverpool's third-choice keeper Andy Lonergan, 35, who was an unused substitute for the game in Istanbul which finished 2-2 after extra time, could deputise for Adrian if the 32-year-old is ruled out.
Liverpool's first-choice keeper Alisson is sidelined with a calf injury and when asked, Klopp said Lonergan was "ready" if needed.
Best known for his time at Preston, the veteran has played for a host clubs and arrived at Anfield in the summer after being released by Middlesbrough following a loan spell at Rochdale.
Klopp also has 20-year-old academy graduate Caoimhin Kelleher as an option but added: "The decision will be made tomorrow. No chance to make it earlier."
Meanwhile, Liverpool have called off transfer talks with Serie A side Roma over defender Dejan Lovren.
It comes after Roma indicated they were willing to make a €20m deal to sign the Croatia centre-back only to fail to make an official offer.
Instead, Roma are understood to have used intermediaries to attempt loan Lovren for a small fee.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
NSMQ 2026: Tears of relief as Labone SHS survive Notre Dame Sem. in thriller to secure one-eighth spot
18 minutes -
Onga Tomato Mix unveils Diana Hamilton as Brand Ambassador
25 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Winneba Secondary School holds off Fijai SHS to reach one-eighth stage
34 minutes -
KNUST assures staff, public over statute review process amid UTAG concerns
44 minutes -
CLOGSAG Executive Secretary Dr Isaac Bampoe Addo passes on
45 minutes -
Take post-flood disinfection seriously to prevent disease outbreaks – Environmental Health Officer backs Zoomlion
57 minutes -
Zoomlion launches fumigation exercise across 14 MMDAs in Western Region
1 hour -
UTAG-KNUST votes to retain elections for Pro-Vice Chancellors and Deans
1 hour -
Newsfile to discuss nationwide blackouts, GoldBod controversy, galamsey and water quality
1 hour -
Adamus must settle GRA, MIIF and financial institutions liabilities under new turnaround roadmap
2 hours -
Big Chef Season Five returns with Gari Fotor Challenge this Sunday
2 hours -
Gov’t to form 6-member team to supervise Adamus mine turnaround
2 hours -
Wontumi is not Mandela, NPP must be realistic about chairmanship bid – Musa Danquah
2 hours -
Government gives Adamus Resources reprieve, orders 12-month turnaround plan
2 hours -
Road Ministry to report two people to EOCO for influencing property owners affected by road constructions
2 hours