The second contest of the 2022 National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) quarterfinals took place earlier.
Three schools, Mfantsipim School, Tamale SHS and St. Hubert Seminary SHS, battled it out for a slot in the semi-finals.
Follow how the contest went in the video below:
Tamale SHS was not new to the quarterfinals unlike its competitor St. Hubert Seminary. Also, it was Mfantsipim’s first quarter-final contest in two years.
Prof Elsie Effah Kaufmann was the quiz mistress for this and the remaining contests.
The first slot in the semi-finals of the 2022 National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) has been taken by Presby SHS, Abetifi. They competed against Osei Kyeretwie (lost with 50 points) and Ghanata SHS (lost with 36 points).
The 2022 National Science & Maths Quiz is produced by Primetime Limited and sponsored by the Ghana Education Service in partnership with Absa Ghana and supported by GOIL, Prudential Life Insurance, AirtelTigo, Dano Milk, Newmont, GNPC, Accra College of Medicine, Academic City University College and Y FM.
The broadcast of the National Science & Maths Quiz on JoyNews is supported by Virtual Infosec Africa, Virtual Security Africa, Vita Milk, Cowbell, Alumni by Enterprise Life, Fay Toilet Roll, Ace Medical Insurance, Azar Group, Kings Group Limited, Family Health Medical School, DBS, ZnZ, The Barstow School, KORBA and Pharmatrust Limited.
- Special Prosecutor secures court order to arrest Charles Bissue
- Arrest of Prof Frimpong-Boateng disrespectful, tone down – Prof Gyampo cautions Special Prosecutor
- Saglemi: Former Housing Ministry Chief Director wheeled to court to face 43 criminal charges
- Charles Bissue will not turn himself in despite court order for his arrest – Lawyer
- Frimpong-Boateng’s arrest by OSP was lawful – Joseph Kpemka
- Ken Ansah wins CEO of the Year again but transfers praise to his talented team
- We need clarification – Bagbin calls for Gyakye Quayson’s name to be retained in Parliament’s records
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- Ghanaian in US kills himself after shooting wife for allegedly leaving him for her Ex
- Charles Bissue asks court to stop OSP from investigating him again
- Green Ghana Day: Parliament will not sit today
- GES suspends approval of Tug of War/Pillow Fight in schools
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Book of condolence opened for Prof Ama Ata Aidoo
- Anny Osabutey: Farewell and thanks for the memories, BBC Focus on Africa
- KCARP, Dredge Masters and others receive Excellence Awards
- Amaarae’s ‘Fountain Baby’ album out; set to become 1st Ghanaian to perform on NPR Tiny Desk
- I haven’t had any good sleep in 8 weeks – Kumawu MP
- I’m a ‘sugar baby’ — older men pay me to travel the world
- Alan Kyerematen launches donation platforms to support campaign
- Akufo-Addo commissions National Aquaculture Centre and Commercial Farms project
- Over 400 Ghanaian pilgrims to be airlifted to Saudi Arabia from Tamale
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Propak Ghana organises first international exhibition for manufacturing Industries
- 2024 U-20 WWCQ: Black Princesses draw a bye in first round