The Accra Regional Police Command has issued a warning to so-called land guards to look for something gainful to do or else, they would have the police to contend with.
This was after the arrest of a 31-year-old Solomon Odoi believed to be terrorising residents and land developers of Abokobi and its environs.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Afia Tenge, Head of the Public Affairs Unit (PAU) of the region, who gave the warning, described the situation as a worrying trend and said not only did Odoi terrorised his victims in the day but also robbed them in the night.
DSP Tenge said Odoi had been on the Tesano Police’s wanted list for some time now until his arrest last Friday.
Briefing the press in Accra on Tuesday, DSP Tenge said his financier, one Alhaji Sani was also arrested last Saturday, a day after Odoi’s arrest.
She said police upon the arrest of Odoi retrieved some dried leaves suspected to be cannabis, four pistols, jackknives, machetes, seven cellular phones, a brand new Suzuki motorbike, some ammunition, among others.
The PRO said Alhaji Sani had employed him to carry out land guard activities and other violent crimes through which he disturbed, attacked and robbed others in the environs.
In another development, the Baatsona Divisional Police Command has arrested eight persons including two foreigners namely John Suka, 19, at Klagon, with 58 wraps of Cannabis Sativa and Razak Musah with 89 wraps of same suspected substance.
DSP Tenge said 66 suspected criminals have also been arrested at Madina.
She said these suspects would be screened and those found culpable would be made to face the law.
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Beige Bank case: Nyinaku accused of issuing misleading investment certificates to unsuspecting customers
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Volta ECG reconnects Ho Airport, GRA, others after payments
- Afena-Gyan turns down Black Meteors invitation for AFCON qualifier against Algeria
- Proposed tax measures not new; will boost fiscal economy – Finance Ministry
- NDC flagbearership race: Kwabena Duffour submits nomination forms
- Dr. Appiahene has never been a TESCON patron – Henry Boakye debunks claims
- Nyarko is a helpless romantic in new single ‘You’
- GSE signs MoU with MIIF to increase listing of mineral companies
- Ghanaians in diaspora urged to showcase identity and culture
- We have been commended for Ashaiman invasion – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- Academic City’s Tech Expo showcases innovative technologies to drive Ghana’s agricultural industry
- Women, youth in Keta to be economically empowered – Dr Jones-Mensah
- Claim that G4O fuel sells at higher prices than other sources inaccurate- NPA
- I like performing at award events than receiving awards – Kelvynboy
- 5 ways to keep your friendships strong even when life is hectic
- Mahama wasn’t hooted at enskinment of new Yagbonwura; ignore Koku Anyidoho’s fake video – NDC
- Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde and husband celebrate 27 years of marriage
- Organ-trafficking Nigerian politician, wife found guilty
- Afcon 2023: We will ‘play to win’ against Hughton’s Ghana – Angola coach