The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has announced nominees for the various NASCO award categories for 2022/23 Malta Guinness Women’s Premier League season
For the player of the season, Ampem Darkoa’s Mary Amponsah, Prisons Ladies’ Helena Obeng, Faith Ladies’ Maafia Nyame, Supreme Ladies’ Linda Owusu Ansah and Northern Ladies’ Faiza Seidu are up for the top award.
In the Discovery of the Season category, Essiam Socrates’ Helen Alomenu, Dreamz Ladies’ Sarah Abrafi, Faith Ladies’ Afia Twumwaa and Haruna Zainab of Tamale Super Ladies will battle for the award.
Princess Owusu of Fabulous Ladies will pick up the top scorer of the league crown after scoring seventeen (17) goals for her side.
Other awards up for grabs are the goalkeeper of the season where Hasaacas Ladies’ Grace Banwaa Army Ladies’ Evelyn Yeboah and Farahana Ziblim of Prisons Ladies are top contenders
Grace Ntsiful of Northern Ladies, Anasthesia Achiaa of Ampem Darkoa Ladies, Martha Appiah of Berry Ladies and Adama Alhassan of Army Ladies are also competing for the Defender of the Season accolade.
For the coach of the season category, Hasaacas Ladies’ Yusif Basigi, Ampem Darkoa’s Joe Nana Adarkwa and Army Ladies’ Joseph Anyagre are vying for the enviable award.
Winners of the various awards will be revealed after the final match between Ampem Darkoa and Hasaacas Ladies in Kumasi on Friday, May 12, 2023.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- U20 World Cup: Nigeria knock out host nation Argentina, Brazil trounce Tunisia
- Pay 30% of $1.6bn energy debt by June 30 – IPPs to government
- Two villages in North Gonja burnt down in renewed violence between Mamprusi and Gonja
- Over 150 land guards open fire on farmers, grade lands at Gomoa Okyereko
- WAFU B U20 Girls’ Cup: Nigeria thump Benin to set up final clash with Ghana
- Nigeria’s state oil firm increases petrol price
- ‘It’s disappointing’ – Bofoakwa Tano coach on not being able to lead the team in Ghana Premier League
- Pupils walking to school affecting access to education in Adaklu District
- UG’s WACCI has been incredible in efforts at improving Africa’s food security – AGRA Boss
- CBOD is not opposed to gold-for-oil, BOST managing strategic stocks says CEO
- Fire guts chain of mechanic shops at Asokwa in Kumasi
- Sleep well Aunty Ama Ata Aidoo and Thank You, Trudy
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Six women rescued in Nigeria ‘baby factory’ raid
- Theophilus Acheampong: Ghana and the IMF have struck a deal, but hard choices lie ahead