A 56-year-old resident of Asafo in the Ashanti Region, Samuel Kwadwo Fordjour, met his untimely death when fire gutted a building located in the area.

Reports reaching JoyNews reveal that the building was ablaze for about two hours before officers of the Ghana Fire Service arrived to douse the fire.

Before the arrival of the firemen, the victim was heard by neighbors calling for help from the midst of the inferno.

The fire, according to eyewitnesses is suspected to have started from the late Kwadwo Fordjour’s room on the top floor.

The incident has displaced nine tenants.

Meanwhile, investigations are being carried out by the Ghana Fire Service to find out the cause of the fire outbreak.