Audio By Carbonatix
The Nyinahin Catholic Senior High School management is expected to set up a committee to look into last Friday’s fire outbreak, which burnt down parts of the boys’ dormitory.
The fire that burnt down six rooms is suspected of having been ignited by some immediate past school students after their last paper last week.
Reports say the students were angry over claims that management of the school did not allow them to cheat in the just ended WASSCE.
Items, including school uniforms, food boxes and other learning materials, were destroyed.
Chief of Nyinahin, Nana Amampene Twum Boateng II, who visited the scene, says any student found to have played a role in the suspected arson should be made to face the law.
He wants a committee to be set up immediately to investigate the incident.
"It's so pathetic; why set the school ablaze when you have gone through the walls of the school? It's unthinkable for somebody who has just passed out of the school to come back to burn the school."
"We met the District Chief Executive (DCE) and the other stakeholders, and we decided that as early as possible, a committee should be put in place to investigate it; it's essential," the Chief said.
Addressing the student body, Headmistress of the School, Emma Amoateng Mensah, revealed arrangements to assist the affected students.
"Whenever we get any support, as the chief has promised, we will get it to you. The school is running to town to get a bale of white shirts; all those who are affected, we'd try to give you some."
"We have some Nyinahin citizens who have been bringing us computers. We are going to call and tell them this is what has happened, and you will receive support," she announced.
Though no student casualty was recorded during the fire incident, one firefighter was assaulted by unknown persons who fled the scene after firefighting.
Latest Stories
-
Paul Twum-Barimah hails High Court decision granting bail to Abronye DC
2 minutes -
Ghana, the smile of Africa returns to the world stage of football
13 minutes -
Ghana, US explore deeper digital cooperation
18 minutes -
NFA boss Kafui Danku launches long-awaited film fund
24 minutes -
Gov’t postpones evacuation of Ghanaians from South Africa amid xenophobic attacks
27 minutes -
Rootz Sistaz secure Women’s Premier League promotion with a game to spare
29 minutes -
Digital Mob Justice: How reckless Social Media destroy marriages, families, and lives
31 minutes -
NAIMOS arrests 4 armed suspects along Ankobra River
34 minutes -
Court of Appeal restores license of GN Savings and Loans
42 minutes -
M-KOPA Ghana Impact Report reveals smartphones are unlocking health insurance and economic opportunity
44 minutes -
Fire destroys Afiadenyigba SHS dormitory
1 hour -
Commuters stranded as train derails after crushing stray cattle at Avenor
1 hour -
Gov’t “over impressed” IMF with deep expenditure cut in 2025 – Prof Bokpin
1 hour -
FDA intensifies checks on imported frozen chicken, meat and fish to boost food safety
2 hours -
Policy rate at 14%: Middle East crisis is the elephant in the room – BoG boss
2 hours