It was the end of the road for Ghanaian stars Benjamin Fumi, Benjamin Palm, Johnson Acquah, Bernard Ashitey and Andrews Adu Appiah at the ongoing Mcdan ITF World Tour.
The five made early exits in the men’s singles first round of the Mcdan ITF World Tour main draw with Benjamin Fumi losing 6-2,6-2 to Nigeria’s Joseph Imeh Uboh. Johnson Acquah also lost 6-2,6-4 to Netherland’s Len Schouten.
Benjamin Palm who had a wild lost 6-1,6-2 to tournament No. 3 seed Eric Vanshelboim from Ukraine. Unseeded Daniel Anum Quartey also lost 6-0,6-1 to No.1 seed Benjamin Lock from Zimbabwe.
Image: Ghana’s Benjamin Fumi in action
Andrews Adu Appiah could not withstand Jurence Zosimo Mendoza. Losing 6-1,6-1 to the Philippine. Lastly, Bernard Ashitey could not earn his first ITF/ATP points as he lost 6-3,6-1 to US-based Luke Jacob Gamble.
In the other men’s singles games, Italian Andre Bassire defeated Great Britain’s Darryl Hale 6-3,6-1. Curaçao’s Michael John Every advanced to the 2nd round after overcoming Russia’s Alexey Dublin 6-3,6-2. Namibia’s Tukhula Jacobs eased through to the second round with a 6-4,6-7(3),7-6(6) over Zimbabwe’s Courtney John Lock.
The tournament No.2 seed, Ryan James Storrie from Great Britain also booked his place in the second round ousting Abdulaziz Bationo From Ivory Coast 6-1,6-2.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Prosecute Chairman Wontumi, Charles Bissue, others neck-deep in galamsey – NDC to Akufo-Addo
- Cities and Habitats, Ecobank launch ‘Rent to Own Boafo) home ownership package
- A-G advises Interior Ministry to compensate Ejura shooting victims
- GEPA optimistic of achieving 2029 NTES revenue target of $25.3bn
- Two health institutions in UK award £10 million to fight non-communicable diseases in West Africa
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- Cardiovascular diseases on the rise in Ghana; access to healthcare still a challenge – Report
- Power supply was curtailed to Weija, adjourning communities due to flood – ECG
- Nigeria Plans 15% Increase in Borrowing to Fund Record Deficit
- Government running Ghana as “a satellite state of international capital” – Martin Amidu
- Playback: NDC holds presser on illegal mining
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Increase price of bag of cocoa to ¢1,500 or we smuggle it – Farmers
- 281 artisans pass out as certified electricians in Ashanti region