The MP for Asawase and Minority Chief Whip in parliament, Muntaka Mubarak, recounts his childhood days when he wore one school uniform for years until it started developing holes.
In his quest to support such children today and to also provide skills and employment, he provided 15 thousand, 280 uniforms to be distributed freely to 70 primary and Junior High schools across the Asawase constituency.
The uniforms were designed and sewn by over 25 local tailors and seamstresses in the Asawase community in what Alhaji Muntaka Mubarak describes as an initiative to create wealth locally.
He is challenging Senior High schools in the constituency to entrust local artisans with wealth creation opportunities to boost the local economy.
Luv FM’s Erastus Asare Donkor has more in the following video report.
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Football transfers: Kamaldeen Sulemana chooses Southampton over Everton
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Former UGSRC Veep vows to defeat John Dumelo in Ayawaso West NDC primaries
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- Police investigate alleged murder of Gospel musician’s brother by officers
- Provide level-playing field for all presidential candidates – NPP founding member
- A fractured NPP cannot ‘Break the 8’ – Francis Addai-Nimoh
- Mahama Ayariga accuses military of killing 7 of his constituents
- Ghana and EU launch agribusiness platform to boost trade
- Patrick Owusu: Building an Excellent Life – The heart of a diligent fellow
- Debt exchange: Don’t argue with emotions – John Kumah to bondholders
- ‘Special Olympics’ organised for Police Depot 1 JHS, Dzorwulu Special School to bridge ‘special needs’ barrier
- D Jay shares new song ‘Morning Stress’
- Classroom Mothers: Nursing mother, 17, returns to school after childbirth
- ‘Kwabena Awuku will explain why he slapped me one day’ – Kobby Kyei
- Government starts construction of hostel facilities for head potters – Local Government Ministry
- The bizarre tale of Queen Victoria and the ‘stolen’ African boy prince
- Charity Yayra Adzam aka Lindavis
- NHIS medicines and service tariffs upwardly adjusted
- PayPal cuts 2,000 jobs as global economy weakens