Audio By Carbonatix
The Education Minister, Yaw Osei Adutwum, has debunked claims of enrolling his son in a private Senior High School (SHS).
Expressing his disappointment with the reportage, he noted that the purported allegation is a mere political game some individuals have employed to downplay the impact of government’s flagship Free Senior High School (SHS) policy.
The educationist, therefore, said the misleading claim should be treated with the contempt it deserves.
"I think politics has taken a new law, my son should never be part of my political career and secondly, I don’t have a son who is old enough to be in a senior high school," he said.
His comment comes at the back of a report claiming that, the Minister for Education has enrolled his son into a private SHS due to challenges facing the programme.
Last week, the Ministry of Education and government’s flagship Free SHS policy came under scrutiny concerning some challenges in the implementation of the programme.
Stakeholders, including parents and school authorities, cited lack of accommodation facilities resulting in students sleeping on the floor, congestion in classrooms, inconvenience relating to erratic schedules for the double-track system, poor quality of food served to students, as some of the challenges confronting the smooth implementation of the Free SHS programme.
But, the Bosomtwe MP, addressing the media on Sunday, June 6, disclosed that his outfit is addressing the challenges faced in the education sector and assured of a robust education system that will stand the test of time.
Despite the challenges, Mr Adutwum added that, the country can boast of the best and quality public educational institutions.
"We have the best senior high schools in the public sector," he stressed. Â Â
Latest Stories
-
Guirassy stars as Dortmund dispatch Atalanta
4 hours -
Arsenal make Saka best-paid player with new deal
4 hours -
Arteta ‘respectful’ of fans but has felt ‘exposed’
4 hours -
Vinicius’ brilliant winner beats Benfica in match halted for alleged racism
5 hours -
Alcaraz wins ‘difficult’ first match since Melbourne win
5 hours -
Galatasaray hit 5 past Juventus in frenetic first leg
5 hours -
Substitute Desire Doue inspires PSG comeback at Monaco
5 hours -
Mourinho’s ‘big mistake’ after ‘disgusting’ Vinicius incident
5 hours -
Russia denies link to ‘supposed Russian’ in Ghana viral sex scandal
5 hours -
Gov’t summons Russian Ambassador over viral nude leak scandal
6 hours -
Dual nationals face scramble for UK passports as new rules come into force
6 hours -
Police assessing Stansted Airport private flights over Epstein ties
7 hours -
Nine arrested in France over death of far-right student
7 hours -
EPA to probe seizure of over 200 suspected galamsey machines at Tema port
7 hours -
Ghana–Russia Center, Kuban Agrarian University seal deal to advance agricultural innovation
7 hours
