Ne-Yo has opened up more about his marital issues with Crystal Smith.
In a sneak peek of his “Drink Champs” interview, the “Miss Independent” crooner admitted that they lacked communication with one another before the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Right before the pandemic was when things were at its worst,” the 42-year-old told hosts N.O.R.E a.k.a. Noreaga and DJ EFN. “Just couldn’t talk to each other. Like it’s clearly beef but I’m on tour I’ll see you in three weeks. That type of thing.”
“So when the pandemic hit and everybody had to go home it kinda forced us to sit in each other’s face and talk about the stuff that we just weren’t talking about,” the crooner added. “So when the pandemic hit there was a multitude of places that I coulda went, but in the beginning, they weren’t really telling us nothing so I’m like, listen cats are dying and we gotta go home.
Ne-Yo went on to recall, “I’m gonna go to my house house. I’m gonna go where I know my kids are at, where I know my mama at, where I know my wife who doesn’t like me right now but it’s alright cause if we gonna die we gonna figure it out.” He continued, “That was the thought process.”
Ne-Yo and Crystal tied the knot in 2016. After calling it quits in early 2020, they reconciled. The crooner proposed to Crystal once again on New Year’s Eve and eventually remarried in April on a rooftop of the new Resorts World complex in Las Vegas.
However, in late July, Crystal exposed Ne-Yo for his alleged cheating habits. “8 years. 8 years of lies and deception. 8 years of unknowingly sharing my life and my husband with numerous women who sell their bodies to him unprotected…every last one of them! To say I’m heartbroken and disgusted is a understatement,” she lamented in a lengthy Instagram post.
Crystal filed a divorce from his now-estranged husband on August 1. Citing that their marriage is “irretrievably broken with no hope for reconciliation,” she added in her court documents that he “fathered a child with another woman.” She listed the date of their separation as July 22, 2022.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor-General’s report
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana’s economy further within junk status
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Provident Insurance donates medical equipment to Princess Marie Louise Children’s Hospital
- Edmund Yirenkyi Fianko elected to ITU’s Radio Regulatory Board
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Illegal mining: Government has failed- Concerned citizen
- Live2Lead Leadership Conference by John Maxwell to be held in Ghana on Oct. 7
- Ghana joins in celebration of World Cerebral Palsy Day
- First-ever Food Systems Pavilion to be hosted at COP27 in Egypt
- Free SHS making a giant impact in the education sector – Education Minister
- Dr Ravi Prabhu appointed Director General ad interim of World Agroforestry
- GIS holds 6th Time Educators Conference
- Kingmakers of Pakyi No. 1 angry with Chief for allowing illegal mining activities to surge
- ‘My son likes my dirty songs’ – Kidi
- Nektunez joins Akon’s Konvict Kulture family
- The rise of prostitution commonly termed hookup among university students
- Absa Bank and MasterCard Foundation to grant ¢2.5m to Fintech/Agritech Startups