Neymar scored on his return from injury as Paris Saint-Germain beat Marseille 2-1 to win the French Super Cup in Lens on Wednesday.
Brazil forward Neymar, who had been out of action since mid-December with an ankle injury, netted from the penalty spot in the second half to add to Mauro Icardi’s first-half opener.
Icardi, who has been struggling for goals this season, found the back of the net in the first half to set Ligue 1 champions PSG on the way to a routine win against last season’s runners-up Marseille.
Icardi, who earlier had a goal ruled out for offside, put PSG ahead six minutes before the break from close range after his header was parried back into his path by Steve Mandanda.
Neymar replaced Angel Di Maria in the 65th minute for his first appearance in 2021.
He put on a convincing display, which was rewarded with a goal from the spot five minutes from full time after Icardi was brought down in the area by Yohann Pele.
Dimitri Payet pulled one back for Marseille in the 89th minute when he latched onto Florian Thauvin’s cross but PSG held firm to give new coach Mauricio Pochettino his second win in three games with the capital side.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- Government to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Executive Board to decide type of financing programme for Ghana – IMF
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- Economist defends BoG inflation targeting regime
- Spotify Wrapped: What are Ghanaians listening to in 2022?
- AGI describes new VAT system as distortion to growth
- Ghanaian Furniture Design Company, Tekura features in Black Panther movie
- IMF confirms Ghana’s intention to conduct debt restructuring in 2023
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Ghana’s topmost CEOs to attend prestigious CEOs business networking cocktail
- Spotify Wrapped 2022: Burna Boy, Black Sherif are the most streamed artistes in Ghana
- We are working to support SMEs to leverage AfCFTA-Gender Minister
- YEA partners INZAG Germany to employ over 700 artisans ￼
- Dansworld Services adjudged best Environment and Sanitation company at 2022 AGI awards
- “2006 World Cup Squad was not afraid of games” – Appiah