The Council of elders of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the Ashanti Region claims the party’s stronghold has weakened due to the failure of regional executives to respect structures.
The recent NPP election for polling station executives was characterised by conflicts and controversies in some constituencies in the Ashanti region.
Subin, Akrofoum, Bosomefreho, Bantama, Kumawu and other constituencies recorded conflicts during the polls.
Ashanti NPP Office locked up
The regional party office is presently locked up, affecting administrative operations.
In April last year, the landlady of the rented party office at Krofrom in Kumasi moved in to lock up the office over the alleged failure of the NPP to renew rent.
The office was later opened after talks between the interest groups. But the facility has been locked once again for no immediate known reasons.
Chairman of the Council of Elders, Reverend Mark Adu Gyamfi, says it has been difficult for party members to put their grievances before leadership in the region.
He says the regional executives have failed to involve the Council in party issues over the years.
Rev Adu Gyamfi blames the leadership executives for the recent upsurge in internal wrangling and factions within the party.
According to Rev. Adu Gyamfi, the elders are working assiduously to resolve all internal issues inhibiting the smooth running of the party.
He says though they are not being paid, they have to intervene for the love of the party.
A former Presiding Member of the Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly, Abraham Boadi, has described the regional executives as failures and undeserving of retaining their positions.
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- Cedi continues recent gain against dollar; $1 now ¢10.40
- Over 1000 dead as huge quake toppled buildings in Turkey and Syria while people slept
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Yul Edochie’s first wife threatens to sue actress over photoshopped image with Judy Austin
- Digital pound likely this decade, Treasury says
- DDEP: Government needs to reform fiscal structure – Senyo Hosi
- College head found dead with husband and daughter
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Grammys 2023: Viola Davis becomes an EGOT
- Grammys 2023: Kim Petras and Sam Smith break record and other takeaways
- NPP Jaman South’s aggrieved members are the proponents of “skirt and blouse” – Constituency executives
- Asante Akim Central NPP calls for fresh polling station elections
- We’ve amicably resolved impasse over change in Minority Leadership – NDC Council of Elders
- Full text: Finance Minister’s speech on DDEP deadline eve
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- SMEs without certification could lose out on ACFTA benefits – Trade Ministry warns
- Playback: PM Express discuss DDEP and government’s trust deficit
- DDEP will get economy fully back on track – Ofori-Atta