Students of St Peter’s SHS on Saturday, June 5, finally got to the promised land after beginning the first phase of this year’s NSMQ competition.
Although it was a herculean task for the Persco Boys, they gathered much courage to earn the bragging rights as Eastern Regional Champions of the 2021 National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ).
The much-awaited contest featuring St Peter’s SHS, Mpraeso SHS and Koforidua Sec. Tech which determined who carried the trophy saw many tears and laughter.
This is after contestants of St Peter’s SHS in an earlier interview told JoyNews that victory will be delivered to them by God Almighty.
At the onset of the grand finale, both Mpraeso and St. Peter’s SHS rocked shoulders as they garnered 17 points respectively. Koforidua Sec. Tech. with 13 points was not far from the race.
However, in Round Two, the Persco Boys doubled their steps to dominate the Speed Race. In this round, Mpraeso SHS’s tally dropped by 2 points while Koforidua Sec. Tech. could not earn a point.
St Peter’s SHS almost doubled its points earned in the speed race in Round Three. With 43 points, they brought their Egyptian contenders down on their knees and far from their grasp.
Eastern Regional Championship – Final Contest— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) June 5, 2021
End of contest
St. Peter’s SHS: 46pts
Mpraeso SHS: 32pts
Koforidua Sec. Tech: 24pts
Operation defend the title successfully executed! Well done St. Peter’s SHS! #NSMQ2021 #AbsaRegionalChampionship #Primetime pic.twitter.com/biHbSgjOQw
At this point, it was a one-way victory for the Persco boys as they watched the underdogs from Mpraeso and the veterans from Koforidua without any other alternative, throw in the towel to pave way for the best contender of the day.
According to the champions, their victory could not have been accomplished if not for the doing of God Almighty.
“The feeling is great. We are very happy and excited. We really thank God for giving us the Regional Championship, We are so happy,” they stated.
- I feel victimised; what wrong have I done in this country? – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- Nigerian states cut working week to three days
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- Arrest of Prof Frimpong-Boateng disrespectful, tone down – Prof Gyampo cautions Special Prosecutor
- Frimpong-Boateng’s arrest by OSP was lawful – Joseph Kpemka
- If I were a thief, I would’ve been one of the richest Ghanaians – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- I did my job; I tried to make Ghana a better place – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- Woman dies after eating poisoned chocolates sent by her ex-boyfriend’s jealous lover
- Playback: Prof Frimpong-Boateng speaks about his arrest by Special Prosecutor
- Special Prosecutor secures court order to arrest Charles Bissue
- Don’t touch Atewa forest – Experts warn government against mining in reserve
- Christiana Kotia
- Reducing CO2 emissions is a collective responsibility – Unilever Ghana
- ‘Sex for grades’ outlawed by Nigeria’s parliament
- Our priority should be on providing textbooks instead of tablets – Prof Owusu
- Jamie Foxx’s rep responds to conspiracy that COVID-19 vaccine caused hospitalisation
- You need to understand the language in a rap song to enjoy it – Wiyaala
- Saglemi: Former Housing Ministry Chief Director wheeled to court to face 43 criminal charges
- Mother arrested for assaulting 4-year-old child at Yeji
- Ken Ansah wins CEO of the Year again but transfers praise to his talented team
- Urban Roads Department to patch potholes on Kumasi roads in four weeks
- 2023 U-23 AFCON: Kamaldeen, Nuamah headline Black Meteors squad
- Tupac Shakur receives posthumous Hollywood Walk of Fame star
- School Feeding Programme: GH¢1.20 per child can’t provide nutritious meals – Public health expert