Audio By Carbonatix
Roads Minister Governs Agbodza has dismissed claims that construction work on the Accra–Kumasi bypass has been halted, insisting that President John Mahama has not directed any contractor to stop work.
The Minister described circulating reports of a supposed suspension of the project as false and urged the public to disregard them.
In a firm clarification issued on Tuesday in Parliament, Mr Agbodza stressed that the government remains fully committed to the ongoing works on the major highway.
According to him, contractors are still on site and progressing according to schedule, contrary to suggestions that the project had been put on hold for political or administrative reasons.
He emphasised that the Accra–Kumasi corridor remains a critical national route, serving millions of commuters and sustaining trade between the northern and southern parts of the country.
Because of this, he said, the Mahama administration considers the bypass project a priority and would not take any action that delays its completion.
The Roads Minister further urged the public to rely on verified information from the Ministry rather than unsubstantiated social media claims.
He warned that misleading reports risk creating unnecessary anxiety among road users and undermining the confidence of contractors working on the project.
Mr Agbodza reaffirmed government’s commitment to improving the national road network and assured Ghanaians that updates on the progress of the Accra–Kumasi bypass will continue to be communicated transparently. He encouraged stakeholders to support the Ministry’s efforts as work on the key highway advances.
Latest Stories
-
Police assessing Stansted Airport private flights over Epstein ties
5 hours -
Nine arrested in France over death of far-right student
5 hours -
EPA to probe seizure of over 200 suspected galamsey machines at Tema port
5 hours -
Ghana–Russia Center, Kuban Agrarian University seal deal to advance agricultural innovation
5 hours -
Mahama opens maiden Tree Crop Investment Summit, pushes value addition and jobs
5 hours -
Police recover five assault rifles after Bono shootout, one suspect killed
5 hours -
Nana B slams Special Prosecutor over presidential primaries investigations
5 hours -
The ‘Ghana Must Go’ bag of integrity: 3 police officers return GH₵85k
6 hours -
Ghana must help Burkina Faso tackle terror threat – Expert says
6 hours -
Police return GH¢85,000 found on Techiman–Kumasi highway to owner
6 hours -
NSA assures service personnel of prompt payment of outstanding allowances
6 hours -
The Wahala Playbook: A quintessential guide to burying national scandals with internet gossip
6 hours -
Burkina Faso attack: Travel advisory insufficient, urgent security measures needed – Samuel Jinapor
6 hours -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Decision-Making Speed and Quality.
7 hours -
Emmanuel Bedzrah cuts sod for 17 educational infrastructure projects in Ho West
7 hours
