On Wednesday, Asante Kotoko will welcome Sudanese top-flight side Al-Hilal to the Accra Sports Stadium as they seek a CAF Champions League group stage place.
A 1-1 draw and an awarded 2-0 victory over Mauritanian league winners FC Nouadhibou saw the Porcupine Warriors advance to their current stage.
Al-Hilal EC battled Ugandan side Vipers in the Preliminary round and came away with an aggregate 2-0 win.
All eyes will be on Kotoko who will be guided by interim coach Johnson Smith in their quest to become a driving force in the continent.
What is the kickoff time?
The match will start at exactly 15:00 GMT.
The two teams met in the CAF Confederation Cup group stage in 2019.
The Blue Wave beat the Porcupine Warriors 1-0 at home and held their Ghanaian opponents to a 1-1 draw in the return fixture in Kumasi.
Current form of both teams
Kotoko have recorded one defeat in their last five matches (W3 D1 L1).
The Kumasi-based club drew 1-1 with Nouadhibou and were rewarded with a 2-0 victory in the second leg due to medical issues in the camp of the Mauritanian side.
In the Ghana Premier League, Johnson Smith’s side recorded 1-0 victories over Dreams FC and Legon Cities. Their 1-0 defeat came at the hands of Great Olympics.
The Blue Wave have also lost once in their last five games (W3 D1 L1). They grabbed two consecutive 1-0 victories over Vipers recently.
Al-Hilal EC also recorded a comfortable 3-0 win over Ahli Shendi. They drew goalless with Hilal El-Fasher and lost 1-0 to Al-Merreikh.
Johnson Smith has a fully fit squad available for the game.
The Sudanese top-flight side have no problems ahead of the fixture.
• Al-Hilal EC have won three of their last five away games (W3 D2). During that run, they have netted six goals and conceded one.
• The Blue wave have recorded just two defeats in their last 15 competitive games (W11 D2 L2).
• Kotoko have won two of their last five home games (W2 D2 L1). They netted four goals in those matches and conceded two.
• The Porcupine Warriors have also lost two of their last 15 competitive games (W6 D7 L2).
- ‘You’re yet to be confirmed’- Kyei Mensah-Bonsu tells Ato Forson in ‘clash’ over Assin North by-election
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- Presidential staffer declares support for Alan Kyerematen
- Nogokpo: ‘The energies of the land will act’ if Agyinasare defies 14-day ultimatum – Nogokpo spokesperson
- EOCO declares 2 persons wanted for various crimes
- Midwife delivers baby in speeding commercial vehicle
- If you have God, you have everything, you lose God and lose everything –Justice Jones Dotse
- EC’s arguments defective in logic and betray Commission’s appreciation of elementary English – NDC
- NDC’s Kwesi Amankwaa was not a registered voter in Kumawu – EC reveals in rebuttal
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- New report reveals over 90% of households without toilet facilities resort to open defecation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’: Blind 17-year-old singer earns Simon Cowell’s golden buzzer
- Net enrolment in basic school declines – ISSER report
- Real Madrid agree €100m deal to sign Jude Bellingham from Dortmund
- Car snatcher jailed 20 years
- Attorney General hints at bill to reform justice delivery system
- Photos: AMA officials eject squatters from walkways at Nkrumah Circle
- Over 3,000 refugees from Burkina Faso registered – Ghana Refugees Board
- CNN Chairman and CEO Chris Licht is out
- Nicki Minaj sued for allegedly damaging borrowed jewellery
- ISSER report reveals significant gaps in healthcare facilities while Agenda 111 completion faces delay
- Lionel Messi to join MLS side Inter Miami
- Parliament approves Gertrude Torkornoo’s nomination as Chief Justice
- 7th Ghana Energy Awards: Organisers call on SIGA
- ISSER calls for national discussion on Free SHS Financing as Primary and JHS enrolment declines