Wife of former Speaker of Parliament, Prof Michael Aaron Oquaye, has passed on.
Major Rtd. Alberta Adwoa Boatemaa Oquaye died in the early hours of Saturday, March 5, 2023.
Her son, the Chief Executive Officer of Ghana Free Zones Authority, Ambassador Mike Oquaye Jnr., announced it on his Facebook page.
Ghana’s former High Commissioner to India requested prayers for his almost 79-year-old dad, himself and the rest of the family.
Late Mrs Oquaye was a retired Nursing Officer at the 37 Military Hospital in Accra.
He wrote “it is with deep sorrow that I have to convey the news of the sudden passing of our mother;
“Maj. Rtd. Alberta Adwoa Boatemaa Oquaye.
“Let us All kindly pray for her Husband and our father Rt.Hon. Prof. Oquaye, her son Ambassador Mike Oquaye Jnr and the entire family.”
“Ya wor ojogban.”
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- Nogokpo saga: Perez Chapel Bishop declares week-long fast over controversy
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Two police officers injured as ghetto boys escape with handcuffs during arrest at Gomoa Nyanyano
- ‘I can’t believe I am here’ – Tariq Lamptey on his first start at the World Cup for Ghana
- Agotime Ziope DCE attacks NPP’s Dzifa Kaledzi; leaves her with an eye injury
- Assin North by-election: NDC accuses NPP, EC of plotting to insert an unqualified candidate’s name in voters register
- Ghanaian student shines at George C. Marshall High School Awards in the USA
- There are no record labels in Ghana – Empress Gifty
- Full judgement: Supreme Court’s ruling on Gyakye Quayson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Davido reveals how he met his wife, Chioma
- Apple expected to launch mixed-reality headset at WWDC
- Gaddafi’s son goes on hunger strike in Lebanon – lawyer
- Ghetto Kids lose out in Britain’s Got Talent final
- NDC must set new standards in governance when voted into power – Mahama
- Energy sector debt: Some contracts expensive, could have been avoided – Former VRA CEO
- School feeding programme: Caterers reject proposed increment to ¢1.20 per child
- Burna Boy makes history in London with sellout stadium show
- UEW staff write to Akufo-Addo to remove Governing Council Chair over abuse of office, appointment of VC
- Savannah Traditional Council working to resolve Gonja-Mamprusi conflict
- Woman jailed over infant deaths pardoned