Former Chief of Staff, Mr Kwadwo Mpiani has voiced his opinion on the calls for ministerial reshuffling.
Mr. Mpiani said the reshuffling of Ministers per se may not solve the current difficulties the country is faced with.
Speaking in an interview on PM Express on Wednesday, he said the first thing we should consider is what the call for a reshuffle is meant to achieve.
“You want to reshuffle and why do you want to do that? is it because those who are in there are not doing their jobs well and therefore you want to change them or you want to do it for the sake of reshuffle?” he quizzed.
He noted if a reshuffle is undertaken just for the sake of doing so, no results will be achieved.
Mr. Mpiani was contributing to discussions on the need for a ministerial reshuffle following several calls on President Akufo-Addo to do so.
The President has however ruled out any reshuffle. According to him, there is no justification for the demand
Speaking in an interview on North Star Radio in Tamale as part of his two-day tour of the Northern Region, the President said he is impressed with his appointees.
“Many of them for me have done outstanding work. Their output has been considerable, and that is what I look at,” he said.
He also claimed that the calls for reshuffling may also come with ulterior motives.
He, therefore, stated that he won’t heed to plans of the NDC to destabilise his government.
“The calls come for all kinds of reasons; NDC wanting to destabilise the government is one. There are people who are also looking for jobs.”
Mr. Mpiani, in reaction used a scenario of a football game to elaborate his point.
“In football, the coach; selects his team, he watches them and as they play the football he decides who should be in and who should be out. If the coach believes that those who are in are doing well then it is left for the coach to allow them to stay in.”
He, however, stated that with the decision taken by the coach, “he should know the consequences of his action.
He added that “if the coach believes that the team he has is the best, who am I sitting outside to say that he hasn’t got the best team.”
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership
- Stop abusing prednisolone for weight gain – Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana warns nursing mothers
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- “I hope to play more matches and make the Black Stars successful” – Inaki Williams
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Adwoa Boatemaa Adu-Poku wins CEEK Miss Ghana UK 2022
- We have sufficient stocks of petroleum products to last into New Year – Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors
- World Bank officials laud Ghana’s Tech Lab over effective operations
- Government puts together post Covid-19 economic programme to guide IMF negotiations