Communication Director for the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), Sammy Gyamfi has retracted and apologised for a malicious allegation he levelled against the Second Lady of Ghana, Samira Bawumia.
Mr. Sammy Gyamfi, in a live interview session at the studios of Neat FM, a subsidiary of the Despite Group, claimed that the Second Lady had a dedicated brand new Toyota Landcruiser purposely for carrying around ‘her makeup artiste’ and makeup.
In a sharp U-turn, following a letter, served by Sarkodie Baffour Awuah and Associates, lawyers for the Second Lady, to demand a formal retraction of and apology for the allegations, Mr. Sammy Gyamfi confessed to having peddled falsehood against Mrs. Bawumia.
“The Second Lady’s convoy does not have one brand new Landcruiser that carries her makeup kit and artiste. There is no such arrangement, so it’s only fair that I retract and apologise. I am sorry”, said a remorseful Sammy Gyamfi.
Sammy Gyamfi, in recent times, has been slapped with many law suits for defamation and slander against prominent political figures.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Spain’s former King Juan Carlos wins partial immunity in ex-lover case
- Cristina Fernández: Argentina vice-president found guilty of corruption
- Cyril Ramaphosa: How Arthur Fraser landed South Africa’s president in trouble
- PM Express Analysis: Paying more for Water & Electricity – A conversation with PURC Executive Secretary
- 2022 FIFA WC: Morocco takes charge of the African challenge after dumping Spain
- Public servants are justified in asking for increase in salaries – Minority Leader
- Police secures court remand for three persons involved in gold scam and robbery
- Banda Khalifa: The Manhyia Saga exemplifies a toxic work environment.
- Good Shepherd R/C JHS wins Junior Science and Maths Quiz 2022
- Masantewaa Emporium represents Ghana at Runway Dubai
- Ghana Muslim Mission commissions clinic for residents at Korle-Gonno
- Delay in speech development in children can be genetic – Speech therapist
- Tanzania to spend cash on schools instead of independence day
- Security guard gunned down on Tarkwa-Banso road
- Brosankro-Aprakukrom Murder: Bereaved families appeal to IGP