Six alleged drug dealers who appeared before the Enchi District Magistrate court on Monday have been granted GH￠5,000 bail with one surety each.
They pleaded not guilty and would re-appear before the court on Wednesday August 25, 2021.
Prosecuting Police Detective Inspector Joseph Kwadwo Agyare told the court presided over by Mr Eric Baah Boateng that the accused persons Eric Amankwah, 32, unemployed, Francis Karikari, 24 , Tiler, Daniel Amoah, 42, farmer, Evans Boadi, 26, farmer, Zaazugu Vovo-Votingah, 33, labourer and Augustine Archer, 21, unemployed are residents of Sewum and Morcherkrom all in the Aowin Municipality.
Inspector Agyare said on May 18 this year, the Enchi District Police Commander, Superintendent Benard Yaw Akotoge led a joint team of police, immigration officers and men to Sewum to embark on a swoop at places where unscrupulous individuals indulged in criminal activities within the jurisdiction.
He said during the operation, the team spotted the accused persons in their hideout and surrounded them but they took to their heels.
He said although the accused persons took to their heels on seeing the duty bearers, they managed to arrest them for interrogation.
Inspector Agyare said when the team scouted their hideout they retrieved 27 wrappers of dried leaves suspected to be cannabis, two lighters, a pair of scissors, three boxes of matches, 17 wrappers containing some unknown powdered substance, a mobile phone and cash of GH￠11.00.
He said the team also visited two brothels and another ghetto within the same vicinity, but no one was seen at the respective places and efforts were underway to apprehend and prosecute the owners of both structures to serve as a deterrent to others.
The prosecutor added that the exhibit would be forwarded to the Police Forensic Science Crime Laboratory for examination and report.
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card