Former captain of the national football team, Black Stars, Asamoah Gyan, is one of several items trending on the social media platform, Twitter.
This is because the former Legon Cities striker born on November 22, 1985, turned 36 years today.
Users have shared congratulatory messages and thanked ‘Baby Jet’ for his remarkable performance when he led the Black Stars.
They say Gyan is a gem that the nation needs to cherish and laud.
In a tweet, Asamoah Gyan noted how excited he is to celebrate another year.
“On this day, I wish myself a life filled to the brim with happiness, health and prosperity. Happy birthday to me,” he added.
I am happy to live till this day, it is an occasion worth celebrating . On this day , I wish myself a life filled to the brim with happiness , health & prosperity . Happy birthday to me pic.twitter.com/eryM4eLHLH— ASAMOAH GYAN (@ASAMOAH_GYAN3) November 22, 2021
Asamoah Gyan, who has acknowledged that he will love to play for Asante Kotoko, his ‘childhood club’ before hanging his boot, featured in seven AFCON championships in which the national team reached the final twice against Egypt in 2010 and Cote d’Ivoire in 2015, losing both.
He scored in nine consecutive tournaments for the Black Stars in major international competitions. The world known striker also ventured into the music industry, where he featured on some hit songs by Castro.
All Time Favorite !! @ASAMOAH_GYAN3— L U M U M B A 🇬🇭🇰🇪 (@SikaDwumfour) November 22, 2021
Happy Birthday, Baby Jet pic.twitter.com/Umh38yEPyE
As great as he is, to the people of Ghana and the African continent, the name remains Gyan aka Baby Jet. Happy Birthday Legend😍. @ASAMOAH_GYAN3 pic.twitter.com/K9abAUpQSL— DONNKAY (@donn_206) November 22, 2021
@ASAMOAH_GYAN3 baby jet! Ghanafo) se 3ba no goal hy3 a woadi first! No retreat, no surrender, nso 3ba no penalty hy3 na woate y’akoma!— Gideon Boamah-Dumase (@GDumase) November 22, 2021
Wo y3 ogboo @ASAMOAH_GYAN3 wo y3 ogboo!.
Happy birthday Our greatest top scorer for the @Team_GhanaMen.
Happy Birthday My Goat🐐 Best to ever do it🇬🇭👑🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 Baby jet @ASAMOAH_GYAN3 🙇 https://t.co/uqOObyJiKL— Briqht Obenq Duse (@04Duse) November 22, 2021
Ur goal against USA was top notch. Happy birthday Baby Jet.— MastaPee (@MastaPee37) November 22, 2021
Happy birthday legendary striker and Ghana’s all-time leading top scorer @ASAMOAH_GYAN3. stay blessed legend Baby Jet. pic.twitter.com/KkZMapgXP7— David Stevenson (@dav_stevenson) November 22, 2021
baby jet, the man the myth the legend— o. (@TheloniousPhunk) November 22, 2021
Happy birthday baby jet a true hero. More blessings @ASAMOAH_GYAN3 pic.twitter.com/pmeO9KFSdA— Guyguy TV (@guyguy_tv) November 22, 2021
- Ghanaians among dozens sentenced for their roles in Atlanta-based $30m fraud and money laundering operation
- Energy sector debt major contributor of Ghana’s debt unsustainability – World Bank Rep
- Ghana beat Nigeria in final to win inaugural WAFU B U-20 Girls’ Cup
- Former DCE for Nkwanta South laid to rest
- Let us commemorate June 4 Uprising with utmost respect and gratitude – Mahama
- Utah primary schools ban Bible for ‘vulgarity and violence’
- NPP flagbearer race: It will be difficult asking aspirants to sacrifice for another – Joseph Kpemka
- Labour unions request time to mull $2.7bn pension fund restructuring offer
- Ghanaians must speak up against corruption – MFWA
- Karim Benzema to leave Real Madrid after 14 years
- CEM Ability Village: Transforming lives of PWDs through a strategic and long-term solution
- Parents clash in Pride protest at US primary school
- Gender Ministry collaborates with DVLA to provide licenses for persons with disability
- Assin North by-election: NDC accuses NPP, EC of plotting to insert an unqualified candidate’s name in voters register
- Two police officers injured as ghetto boys escape with handcuffs during arrest at Gomoa Nyanyano
- Voltaian Basin Project is the hope of Nothern region and future of Ghana says Yaa Naa
- Civil Service honours Matthew Opoku Prempeh for his ‘outstanding leadership’
- NPA impounds 181,000 litres of crude oil and diesel in Western Region
- School Feeding Programme: Caterers’ arrears from third term of 2022 academic year to be paid next week – Gender Minister
- Government’s initiatives towards youth development ineffective – Dr Zanetor Rawlings
- Theresa Poku of OHU Farms celebrated at Women Icons event in Koforidua
- Messages with a sense of urgency for you to act often a scam – Fraud investigation specialist
- Daboya unrest: 49 suspects granted bail, others to appear in court on Monday
- ECOWAS Court awards 50m CFA against Burkina Faso for unlawful retirement of civil servant
- Playback: The Law discuss tips to avoid falling victim to cyber scams