Hearts of Oak assistant coach Henry Wellington has expressed concerns about the attitude of players with regards to the team’s pre-season training.
According to the Wellington, only four first-team players have been training at the Legon Ajax park.
The Phobians went on a six-week holiday, a day after the MTN FA CUP finals, and reconvened on Monday to begin preparations for the new season.
Wellington has been leading the session in the absence of head coach Frank Nuttal, who is on holidays in his native country, Scotland, and expected in Ghana this weekend.
‘’So far just four players report for pre-season training. When they come they just jog and then go home". Wellington said on Asempa FM.
‘’It worries me that the players have refused to report for training because the same thing happened and it affected us negatively.’’
Reports suggested that players were refusing to show up due to unpaid salaries but Wellington confirmed the players were paid before pre-season commenced.
Hearts are scheduled to battle Kotoko in the return encounter of the Ghana at 60 Cup on the 24th December 2017 at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- U-17 WWC: Ghana top group thanks to Abdulai brace
- AWCON 2018: Ghana suffers shock defeat to Mali in second group game
- AWCON 2018: Zambia dreaming big after Eq.Guinea thrashes star player Mwakapila
- AWCON 2018: Nigeria coach worried about 'snail-pace' build-up ahead of crucial Zambia test
- Development of football in Ghana – A general industrial development perspective
- AL-SMITH: Have Nigeria’s Super Falcons lost their fear factor? Looks like it.
- Yusif Abubakar: Former Aduana Stars coach dies
- 'Be more serious!' - Suarez urges team-mate Dembele to focus
- AWCON 2018: Ghana coach Bashir Hayford sure of victory over Mali
- 2018 Coca-Cola Clubs Minigolf League: Nutterz Putterz set the pace
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea