Audio By Carbonatix
Stonebwoy has said he did not have any idea that ‘Eat’ by Mr Drew, which he was featured on, was a cover of singer Rotimi’s 'Love Riddim'.
His comment comes after the video for 'Eat' was taken off all streaming platforms for copyright issues.
One Ghanaian had reported to Rotimi that his song ‘Love Riddim’ had been stolen and remastered to produce 'Eat'.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, Stonebwoy said Mr Drew had requested to be featured on the song because it was good.
Stonebwoy said he later found out, through his brother' that 'Eat' sounded exactly like Rotimi's song, 'Love Riddim'
"I reached out to him on Instagram and he said it was a cover. Then, I said 'if it is cover just do what you have to do because people do covers'," he told Andy Dosty, host of the show.
He stated that he asked Mr Drew to go through the needed procedures before releasing the song.
The Dancehall artiste said that when he was informed that the song was taken down, after the release, he questioned whether the original owners felt ‘Eat’ was bigger than theirs.
Stonebwoy said that he never assumed that the issues with copyright had not been solved.
The 'Nominate' hitmaker said that he is disturbed that people are calling him out name after the scandal.
He explained that his verse on the song was completely original and was expecting Mr Drew and his team leave him out of the copyright issues.
"If trouble had come i think the beast thing for them to do is reiterate the love that I have shown them...it is not my business to come and clear your song and make sure things are done right," the 'Run GO' hitmaker added.
Stonebwoy said that he only worked on the song because of the love he has for young artistes, the need to see them do better and Mr Drew’s record label boss Kaywa.
Mr Drew on the show apologised to Stonebwoy the possible dent he the scandal has had on his career and brand.
However, he insists that he had asked Stonebwoy if he knew the song was a cover of Rotimi’s Love Riddim.
Latest Stories
-
BECE examination malpractices: Is there an end in sight?
5 minutes -
We’re not in Geneva to mourn aid cuts but to build health sovereignty — Mahama at 79th World Health Assembly
8 minutes -
Mahama calls for African ‘health sovereignty’ as global aid declines
14 minutes -
Africa cannot claim health sovereignty while producing less than 1% of vaccines — Mahama
18 minutes -
BoG undertakes new measures to strengthen financial sector – Second Deputy Governor
19 minutes -
The ‘forgotten Ghanaian fugitive with American and Ghanaian passports
26 minutes -
US aid suspension costs Ghana $78m, Mahama tells World Health Assembly
27 minutes -
Mahama touts Ghana’s free primary healthcare programme at World Health Assembly
36 minutes -
Africa must take control of its health future — Mahama
39 minutes -
Ghana on alert following Ebola outbreak in Uganda and DR Congo – Ministry of Health
47 minutes -
Mahama urges reforms to global health architecture at 79th World Health Assembly
47 minutes -
They were losing 4-0 as hosts. They won the whole tournament
57 minutes -
Health Ministry cautions public against spreading misinformation over Ebola outbreak in DR Congo
1 hour -
Security agencies engage Akyeode community to maintain calm after Nkwanta incident
1 hour -
Today’s front pages: Monday, May 18, 2026
1 hour