The Ghana Police Service (GPS) has cautioned students to stop bullying and other forms of punishments among themselves in school.
According to the statement, the move will guarantee the safety of all students who the Service describes as future leaders of the country.
The call follows the alleged stabbing of a Form One student of Konongo Odumase Senior High school, leading to his death.
Narrating the incident, the Police revealed that some Form Two students of the aforementioned school on Friday, November 5, went on a bullying spree after prep hours leading to the attack the deceased, Samuna Larhan.
The victim, aged 17 was rushed to the Konongo Odumase Government Hospital for treatment but was pronounced dead on arrival, the police added.
To avert any future occurrence, the Director-General of the Service’s Public Affairs, ACP Kwesi Ofori in the signed statement on Sunday said his outfit is engaging the Ghana Education Service (GES) to develop a sensitisation programme on criminal offences for students and staff of all the schools.
He also urged parents and guardians to caution their wards against engaging themselves in such unlawful conduct.
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- #KenMustGo: Entire caucus would’ve to take a decision on Finance Minister – Majority Leader
- I feel victimized; what wrong have I done in this country? – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- Parliament approves Gertrude Torkornoo’s nomination as Chief Justice
- Rwanda’s President sacks more than 200 soldiers including generals
- Livestream: Prof Frimpong-Boateng speaks about his arrest by Special Prosecutor
- Government sends proposal on debt restructuring to official creditors
- The tables will turn one day – Prof Frimpong-Boateng reminds those in power
- Ghana’s energy security remains our topmost priority – Energy Minister to investors in London
- I played the role of loving wife but behind closed doors, my husband’s secret was destroying me
- I am not complicit in the illegal mining trade – Prof. Frimpong Boateng
- Why he keeps you around even if he doesn’t want a relationship
- Woman dies after eating poisoned chocolates sent by her ex-boyfriend’s Jealous lver
- Rwandan President Kagame sacks military top brass
- Tunisian black women: ‘My skin colour says I don’t belong’
- Nigerian states cut working week to three days
- I did my job; I tried to make Ghana a better place – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- Burning Changfans alone will not halt illegal mining – Prof. Frimpong
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Akufo-Addo is not petty; my relationship with him is still cordial – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- FDA engages market women on food safety
- Beware of the “I hate drama” guy who happens to have “crazy” exes
- Ibrahim Mahama donates 500 bags of cement to Presec 1998 year group