The Member of Parliament for Bortianor-Ngleshie-Amanfro is the latest politician to publicly declare his support for former Trade Minister, Alan John Kwadwo Kyerematen in the latter’s quest to seek the flagbearership position of the New Patriotic Party (NPP).
According to Sylvester Tetteh, the former Minister is a hardworking person who needs to take his turn as leader of the party to enable it ‘Break the Eight’.
“No one will inform you that it is now Alan’s turn, if you are a member of the NPP, want to enjoy the party, and are aware of its rules and policies. I am willing to assist Chief Alan in his grassroots efforts to break the eight.”
Touching on Mr. Kyerematen’s accomplishments, Sylvester Tetteh stated that he was instrumental in the success of the party’s flagship programmes, One District, One Factory.
“A record 67 business resource centers have been established around the nation, with 37 of them being staffed and fully functioning, and the remaining 30 having been finished but not yet put into use, thanks to the inspirational leadership of Alan Cash, the outgoing Trade and Industry Minister, “Sylvester Tetteh said on Accra-based Original 91.9 FM.
These, he believes are exceptional qualities needed to lead the country.
After winning the 2016 and 2020 presidential elections, the NPP has set its sight on winning the 2024 election as well.
However, no political party has served more than two terms in office since the establishment of the Fourth Republic.
Nonetheless, the ruling party is determined to be the first to achieve such a goal, hence the slogan ‘Breaking the Eight’.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- IMF reluctant to approve bailout because of huge budget deficit – Prof. Bokpin
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents