Audio By Carbonatix
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Telecel Ghana, Ing. Patricia Obo-Nai, has announced that the company will provide free coding training to 100,000 young Ghanaians under the Government’s One Million Coders Programme.
Speaking on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show on Thursday, 12th March, as part of activities to mark the company's second anniversary, she explained that while the course normally costs US$50 to obtain a certificate, Telecel Ghana will sponsor all participants at no cost.
"We are partnering with the government on the One Million Coders. We are training 100,000 for free, as our contribution."
"If you were going to pay for it, it is US$50 per license, but our platform, in partnership with Start Your Code, is about a five-million-dollar contribution that we will be putting into society," she said.
"So, carrying your Telecel SIM is not just about enjoying data and voice services, but it is also your opportunity to give back to society through our brand," the CEO added.
The initiative forms part of the company’s commitment to youth empowerment and skills development, equipping young people with digital and technological competencies for the future workforce.
In April, 2025, President John Dramani Mahama revealed that within just 48 hours of opening applications for the One Million Coders Programme, 90,000 individuals had already applied, demonstrating the overwhelming demand for digital skills among Ghanaian youth.
He said this during the official launch in Accra. He added that the programme would take a decentralised approach, ensuring that training would be available across the country, from metropolitan cities to remote villages.
Read also: 90,000 apply for national coders programme in Just 48 hours – Mahama announces
Latest Stories
-
Prophet John Anokye urges Christians to combine faith with financial wisdom
2 minutes -
Minister Sam George inspects ‘One Million Coders’ centres in Greater Accra
10 minutes -
Legacy Expo 2026 set to mark a decade of impact in Africa’s beauty & wellness industry
26 minutes -
Major shake-up begins to make Ghana.gov simpler for citizens
52 minutes -
Ghana Immigration Service trains officers ahead of nationwide e-visa rollout
1 hour -
Trade Ministry prepares for US Chamber of Commerce Trade Mission
1 hour -
We have all seen it – Kwakye Ofosu confirms early race to replace Mahama
1 hour -
One dead, several injured in head-on crash on Wenchi-Subinso road
2 hours -
FABAG backs GSA fight against ‘unjustified’ port charges
2 hours -
Manasseh Azure Awuni: President Mahama, I feel ashamed
2 hours -
GNFS responds to diesel tanker accident at Asuboi, no casualties recorded
2 hours -
Charles Amissah’s family sues 3 hospitals, doctors and AG, seeks GH¢20m compensation
2 hours -
Ghana signs MOU with ‘Google for Education’ to strengthen digital literacy
2 hours -
Ghana’s economic activity strengthens, but business confidence eases to 12.6% – BoG
2 hours -
Galamsey: Ahafo Security Council disbands illegal mining site, seizes five excavators
2 hours