There was chaos in the Subin Constituency as some persons aspiring for executive positions in New Patriotic Party (NPP) have threatened to stop the conduct of the election.
They accused the party’s leadership of breaching internal processes to hold the delegates’ conference.
Already, some aggrieved persons who were not satisfied with the polling station election have placed an injunction on the constituency polls.
An aspiring Constituency Chairman, Mark Kyei, says the date for the election was set in less than 24 hours, denying them of a voters’ register.
According to him, he also does not have any polling agent to record the outcome of the elections for him.
He argues that the conduct of the congress will be a violation of the law as there is currently an injunction against it.
“How do we go, knowing very well that there is a law of the land and the law of the land is telling us not to go on with the election? As I stand here, I am a law-abiding citizen; when the law of the land is in place, how do you challenge it? You have to follow the process.
“Everything hasn’t gone well since this exercise started. There are a lot of wranglings and it’s very shameful. I don’t have an album. As a contestant for chairmanship, I don’t have an album.
“Yesterday, there was a meeting; they called that meeting ‘emergency meeting’. What emergency meeting was that? The emergency was we have to hold elections tomorrow, not giving a chance to speak to one delegate,” he lamented.
Meanwhile, there is a heavy Police deployment on the ground to ensure a peaceful process.
Some heavily-built men are also parading the polling centre.
- NDC’s Joshua Akamba spotted with weapon at Arise Ghana demo
- Prices of petrol, LPG to fall 8%, 7%, but diesel to go up
- Man picked up at Arise Ghana demo for possessing firearm
- Financial sector fraud: staff of banks, SDIs constitute 53% of culprits – BoG
- Arise Ghana protest: 29 demonstrators arrested, organisers to be picked up
- Photos: Day 2 of Arise Ghana demonstration underway
- There is obvious attempt to create instability in the country – Oppong Nkrumah
- Swearing in of newly-elected GJA president blocked as journalist files injunction
- Arise Ghana Demo: Police took my phones – NDC Dep. National Youth Organiser
- Arise Ghana Demo: Bernard Mornah narrates harrowing experience
Nania U-17 to face Institut Diambars in final of the 2022 International Challenge Cup on Thursday
Maiden edition of Christianpreneurs Ghana Summit launched
Kwaku Antwi-Boasiako: Going to the IMF? For what exactly?￼
7th EMY Africa Awards kickstart with Annual Prudential Life Greatness Walk
Economic Management Team is compelling PURC to increase electricity tariff – Minority alleges
3 top airlines acquire rights to Ghanaian movie ‘The Curfew’
4 suspected armed robbers shot by police in Ashanti Region
GUBA leads Ghana Post to meet leadership of Royal Mail UK
It’s premature to call for parliamentary probe into Arise Ghana protest – Deputy Majority Chief Whip
Issues on fisheries relegated to the background – Hen Mpoano
Trasacco Group supports Nungua to celebrate ‘Homowo’ festival
Playback: PM Express discuss the relocation of Ameri deal
Minority to push for probe into Arise Ghana demo violence
35 photos of the Arise Ghana demonstration
Prof Kwesi Aning: A Millsonian approach to security governance and law in Ghana: Lessons from the 4th Republic