Mikel Arteta has been handed a huge boost ahead of their crunch game at Anfield against Liverpool this weekend as Thomas Partey is “fit and available” to feature.
The 28-year-old missed Arsenal’s first three league games after picking up an ankle injury in a pre-season game against Chelsea.
After recovering from that injury, Partey started to enjoy life in London as he featured in seven consecutive league games scoring his first goal for the club in the process.
The Ghanaian midfielder has been key to Arsenal’s resurgence after a slow start but picked up a minor groin injury before the recent international break.
As a result, the former Atletico Madrid star missed the Premier League game at home to Watford.
Despite the knock, Partey still received a call up to the Black Stars for their crucial World Cup qualifiers, but he eventually decided to stay and work on his fitness.
It was reported earlier in the week that the north Londoners were hopeful of his return ahead of the weekend, and now the club have confirmed that he is among the players fit to feature against Jurgen Klopp’s side.
The midfielder joined the Gunners on deadline day last year as they paid his £45m release clause at Atletico Madrid.
- EC Chair and deputies file suit to halt impeachment proceedings
- We have moles amongst NPP MPs – Muntaka Mubarak
- GFA sacks Milovan Rajevac, management committee to be reconstituted
- Why Dede Ayew is trending on Twitter
- Persons without proof of Covid-19 vaccination will not enter Parliament – Speaker
- Three students of Ejisu SHTS stabbed in three separate incidents
- Mobile Money Association petitions Minority to reject E-levy
- Resignation of senior doctors at West Gonja Hospital sparks unrest among doctors
- Speaker has been asked to provide information on ambulance issue – Muntaka Mubarak
- Ghana loses over $2bn in taxes to undervaluation of gold exports
Management of artistes take more than ‘boys-boys’ – Sam George on Shatta-Burna Boy beef
Award-winning gospel artiste Yvonne Asamoah-Tawiah exalts God with artistic music video
Rice Millers and Peasant Farmers Associations plead for enforcing of benchmark value discount policy
Eric Oteng-Abayie and Kofi Amanor: Ghana in a policymakers’ trilemma? Why an innovative domestic revenue mobilisation is essential
Reduce revenue leakages at ports – Finance Minister charges Customs
Livestream: Government’s Townhall meeting on E-levy underway
UN pays tribute to ‘pioneering’ Ghanaian commander
ECOWAS to discuss Burkina Faso crisis on January 28
I withdrew my SSNIT funds to start a business but Covid-19 didn’t let me – Man recounts
Goldfields to help rebuild Apeatse
Statue of Kobe Bryant and daughter Gianna erected at crash site on death anniversary
Ray J reacts to Kanye West’s suggestion of second Kim Kardashian sex tape
Vodafone Ɛɛkɔso promo rewards over 175,000 customers
New law to regulate transportation of explosives, mining industry in the offing – Akufo-Addo
Earning salary only manages poverty – Paul Mante