Audio By Carbonatix
Black Stars vice-captain Thomas Partey will be available for the team's 2026 World Cup qualifying matches against Chad and Mali later this month after a London court adjourned his appearance on rape charges.
Ghana will face Chad on Thursday, September 4 before hosting Mali on Monday September 8. There were concerns the former Arsenal midfielder might miss the two matches that could define the country's fate of participating in the World Cup next year.
However, Partey, 32, who was scheduled to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday, had the case adjourned to September 15, 2025, without explanation.
The development clears the way for him to feature for Ghana in this month's crucial World Cup qualifers.
This will be the Partey’s first international outing since the charges became public.
Partey, who was granted permission to move to Spain to continue his career, is facing five counts of rape involving two women, as well as one charge of sexual assault against a third woman. He first appeared before Westminster Magistrates’ Court last month.
Prosecutors allege the incidents took place while Partey was playing in the Premier League between April 2021 and June 2022. Details shared in court include accusations of repeated assaults over several months, as well as a separate complaint of sexual assault in February 2022.
The midfielder left Arsenal when his contract expired in June this year and joined Villarreal on a free transfer.
Partey had first been interviewed by police in July 2022 after an initial complaint, before voluntarily returning for questioning in November 2024 regarding another allegation.
Latest Stories
-
GTA 6 leaks – a nightmare or a blip for the biggest video game of the year?
4 hours -
Two injured in stabbing attack at Canada Sikh temple
4 hours -
Modi spent years building his strong image – why is he making Gen Z reels now?
4 hours -
Canada ‘should fight’ as US trade deadline looms, Manitoba premier says
4 hours -
Man Utd agree £70m fee for Brighton’s Baleba
4 hours -
Inter-Agency Football Gala: YEA organize event as part of National Youth Month celebration
4 hours -
Receiver fights High Court order to hand over No.1 Oxford Street Hotel to Cheddar’s company
5 hours -
Partey begins new chapter in Saudi Arabia with Al Shabab
5 hours -
NSMQ 2026: St. Francis Xavier deny debutants Pentecost SHS one-eighth spot
5 hours -
One killed in sword attack at Swedish school
5 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Tamale SHS sweep aside Kalpohin, Wenchi Methodist to reach one-eighth stage
6 hours -
Tupac murder accused told police in 2008 his nephew fired fatal shots
6 hours -
Heart of the Beast to Practical Magic 2: 10 of the best films to watch this September
6 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Tears of relief as Labone SHS survive Notre Dame Sem. in thriller to secure one-eighth spot
6 hours -
Onga Tomato Mix unveils Diana Hamilton as Brand Ambassador
6 hours