The Tijjaniya Muslim Movement of Ghana (TMMG) and the Inner-City Development (IDC) has congratulated President Akufo-Addo for his re-election.
A statement issued in Accra by the Executive Secretary of the TMMG, Alhaji Khuzaima M. Osman and copied to the Ghana News Agency on Saturday, said: “Elections should not divide us and we must continue to be vigilant and protective of the peace and democracy, regardless of our political party colours and persuasions”.
“We are one people with aspirations for common good and destiny,” it said.
The statement congratulated the majority of Ghanaians for showing high level of maturity and a sense of responsibility to mother Ghana by not engaging in any acts of violence.
It assured the President-elect and Ghana as a whole of the unflinching support of the TMMG in issues concerning national development and stability.
The group urged the President-elect to adopt a father for all approach as he prepared to serve the nation and called on all and sundry to respect each view and let peace reign.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display
- Police to probe death of Yul Edochie’s son
- Morocco King hailed for the Atlas Lions’ growing status
- Managers of Hillburi hotel arrested for alleged power theft
- Blatant power theft in Ghana very worrying – ECG
- Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ excites patrons
- ‘He’s clueless’ – Derek Boateng lashes out at Milovan Rajevac
- Son of murdered Mujipe chief reveals names of assailants
- Policy framework for aluminium downstream industry in the offing – CEO of GIADEC
- Trump indictment: A simple guide to what it means
- “Time for Dogboe to strap the title belt” – Patrice Harris
- Decouple NHIS proceeds from consolidated fund – Bono Regional GHS boss tells government
- Six bodies discovered in Canada marsh near US border
- Go to Italy and speak to Afena-Gyan – Derek Boateng charges GFA