Two people on board a trailer truck with registration number GS 3860-Z are reportedly dead after the truck veered off and plunged into the Asukawkaw mountain in the Krachi East Municipality of the Oti Region.
The deceased, the driver and mate of the vehicle, are believed to be heading to Dambai from Accra.
Inspector Lawrence Addo of the Oti Regional Motor Transport and Traffic Division (MTTD) who confirmed the incident to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) said that the truck veered off the road and plunged into a ravine killing both the driver and his mate.
He said the Police received a call about 1600 hours on Tuesday about the incident and rushed to the scene.
Inspector Addo said the deceased got stuck in the vehicle, and it took several hours of attempts and help from community members from Apesokubi and Asukawkaw to remove them.
The Inspector said the truck was loaded with assorted soft drinks believed to be energy drinks being transported to Dambai, which got damaged as a result of the accident.
He said the bodies were taken to the Worawora Government Hospital for autopsy.
Inspector Addo advised drivers to use low gears when descending hills to prevent such incidents.
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- We’re investigating Shatta Wale’s shooting claims – Police
- Funny Face threatens to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- NDC must pass Vote of No Confidence on Mahama – Atta Akyea on 1 million secret ballots claim
- Komenda Sugar Factory: Mahama constructed roof before building foundation – Akufo-Addo
Isaac Dogboe set for Christopher Diaz challenge on November 20
Man stabs, cuts off penis of friend for taking his nude pictures
Local media not doing enough to project highlife music – Berima Amo
The Big Talent Show Week 3: Contestants dazzle fans with awesome performances in eviction-free week
Liberian President George Weah rewards taxi driver who returned $50k
Four taxi cab robbers jailed 60 years
Prince Yaw Antwi: Homeownership – To build or to buy, the dilemma of the millennial
Finance Minister must account for ¢1.26bn accrued from Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levy
LGBTQ+ Bill: I see no right in life to use ‘exits as entries’ – Mikki Osei Berko
Blackmail: Fans react as alleged intimate video of Tiwa Savage, lover surfaces
Seaweed smothering beaches along the coast of Western Region
Government will not scrap taxes and levies imposed on petroleum products – Deputy Energy Minister
Cut taxes further on petroleum price build-up – Government told
Why Samini thinks IGP won’t be laughing at Shatta Wale’s expensive joke
Jude Bellingham: The teenager at the forefront of England’s future