Audio By Carbonatix
Two persons have been arrested by the police in Korve in the Akatsi North District of the Volta Region in connection with a suspected ritual murder.
Dzagey William and his accomplice, Agbemenyo Yao were alleged to have shot dead one Agbodzi Konor and removed his vital organs.
Agbodzi Konor was reported missing on Friday, 10th January 2025 after he had left to cut firewood for charcoal. A three-day search by community members was unsuccessful.

His aunty, Korshio Konor said that he had communicated with him earlier in the day, hoping to have a meeting with him in the evening.
“I called him at about 11am and he told me he would call me back. I called again at 3 and 8 pm and the number wasn't going through. So, we reported at the Chief’s palace and to the Assembly Member that he went missing”, she said.
Unknown to family members, Agbodzi met his untimely death on that fateful day.

According to his girlfriend, while having lunch after working for a while, Dzagey William who is her ex-husband appeared with his accomplice Agbemenyo Yao and shot Agbodzi in the face.
She narrated that the culprits allowed her to leave the scene after agreeing to return to Dzagey as his wife and keep a tight lip on the incident.
She fled the community to Accra, thereafter, but returned at the request of the Police, and narrated the ordeal leading to the arrest of Yao and William.
It is unclear what could have led the suspect to shoot and kill Agbodzi in the presence of his ex-wife.

Dzagey was reported to have threatened to take the life of the deceased who was his political opponent and also dating his ex-wife.
Others suspect ritual killing as the victim’s head, penis, testicles, heart, and other organs were removed and hidden elsewhere.
The Akatsi North New Patriotic Party Chairman, Godfred Kudalor, lauded the collaboration of the Police and community leaders in handling the case.

“We had information that Dzagey [NDC Electoral Executive] threatened our Polling Station Chairman that they would kill him. The deceased had to be protected to go and vote on 7th December. We thought it was just one of those election issues, but we later heard he was killed. They beheaded him, took his heart, kidney, penis, and testicles”, he said.
The family is appealing to the police to speed up investigations and hand over the corpse, for early burial.
The corpse and other parts of the body have been retrieved and deposited at the morgue of the St. Anthony’s Hospital in Dzodze.
Latest Stories
-
NDC parliamentary leadership reshuffle secured 2024 election victory – Asiedua Nketiah
22 minutes -
Agbodza visits Adaklu-Helekpe mudslide victims, warns of more danger around mountain
26 minutes -
TTAG urge government’s urgent action on recruitment and postings
39 minutes -
World Vision Ghana brings joy to Wa West children with mass birthday celebration
55 minutes -
NAIMOS arrest one foreign national and 7 Ghanaians in anti-galamsey operation in Ashanti Region
55 minutes -
Health Ministry announces mop-up exercise for validation and posting of health professionals
55 minutes -
GoldBod wins community backing for responsible mining support program in Ashanti Region
55 minutes -
Xenophobic attack: Why announce evacuation without preparation? – Minority caucus questions gov’t
60 minutes -
Government failed Ghanaians in South Africa — Minority slams evacuation delay
1 hour -
Heavy downpour leaves Kaneshie, other parts of Accra flooded
1 hour -
Mahama’s STEM push aims to build curious, creative students – Haruna Iddrisu
1 hour -
Swimming stakeholders call for legitimate governance and constitutional elections in Ghana Swimming
2 hours -
Akatsi Police seize suspected cannabis consignment, driver escapes
2 hours -
EU investment in Ghana reaches $16bn – GIPC’s Boss
2 hours -
GPSCP II and TCDA partner to boost regulation and investment in tree crops sector
2 hours