A 50-year-old security officer has been sentenced to 10 years imprisonment by the Wa Circuit Court presided over by Justice Baah Forson Adjapong for defiling a 12-year-old girl in her residence at Tindamba, a suburb of Wa.
The accused, Ibrahim Mahama who works in the victim’s residence is said to have had multiple unprotected sexual intercourse with the primary six pupil in the security post and a nearby bush, while on duty.
Prosecuting, Senior State Attorney, lawyer Saeed Abdul Shakur, told the Court that the complainant was in his room when his younger brother came to him to say that he saw the victim seated on the laps of the accused person at the security post.
He said the complainant suspected foul play and secretly took the victim to the SDD-UBIDS hospital on the same day without the accused person knowing.
After the medical examination, the doctor revealed that the victim’s hymen was broken, indicating that she was defiled.
Lawyer Saeed also stated that during the course of investigations, the victim led the Police and the accused person to a nearby bush and pointed to a spot where the accused person always took her for his unprotected sexual pleasure.
In addition, the complainant also pointed to a spot on the bare floor at the right corner of the security post as the place the accused person lay the victim to have unprotected sex.
Though Ibrahim Mahama admitted to the offence during the course of the investigation, he pleaded not guilty to the charges.
After 3 months of the trial, with several witnesses testifying, the accused was sentenced to serve the jail term in hard labor.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- Cop fires gun and assaults civilians at Kaneshie Bishop
- I’m not expecting much from Hearts of Oak in Africa because of inconsistency – Amankwa Mireku
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- I’m a record-breaker, but they hate to project it – Zahara says of critics
- I am grateful to Asantehene and other chiefs for protecting Dr. Bawumia – Nayiri
- Nigerian child killed in ‘bullet-proof’ charm test
- 95% of human trafficking survivors in shelter homes are Nigerians – Gender Ministry
- From the streets to Mandela’s feet – Zahara tells her story
- Small Scale Miners unhappy with Lands Ministry handling of Wontumi’s mining firm
- Livestream: PM Express discusses ‘Galamsey’
- The Countess of Wessex visits DRC to show urgent need to tackle sexual violence in conflict
- 843 KNUST Mastercard Foundation scholars benefit from short courses
- Your directive to SIGA D-G unnecessary – Clement Apaak tells Akufo-Addo
- Weija-Gbawe Assembly provides safe havens for displaced flood victims
- South Dayi MP donates items to support schools in district
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG