Ten-man Manchester City’s slim title hopes suffered a devastating blow as Wolves hit back from two down to win 3-2 in an incident-packed encounter at Molineux.
The Citizens saw Ederson shown a straight red card on 12 minutes but stole in front when Raheem Sterling eventually tapped in the rebound from a twice-saved penalty after VAR had intervened to award the spot-kick – and then order a re-take for encroachment.
The drama completely consumed a stop-start first half and it wasn’t until after Sterling had doubled City’s lead following a sublime counter on 50 minutes that Wolves put Pep Guardiola‘s men under any real pressure.
Adama Traore rifled in a thumping 25-yard shot to reduce the arrears, and then set up Raul Jimenez to level eight minutes from time.
City were straining under the pressure and Matt Doherty completed the comeback with a low drive in the last minute to move Wolves up to fifth.
The away side’s misery was complete when Sterling hit the bar with an injury-time free kick to leave them in third spot, 14 points adrift of Liverpool having played a game more.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
- I was traumatised by police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience
Voting should start at 7 am and end at 3 pm – EC proposes
Six-year-old girl rescued from Alajo storm drain
Be cautious of inherent risks of digital transformation – GCB MD
Government charged to mobilize domestic resources to deal with rising debt situation
Playback: Government addresses nation on Covid-19 vaccination Phase II
DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
Ghanaian-German Centre for Job launches ‘Ghana Job Fair’ to tackle youth unemployment
Teenage pregnancy surge as Upper East Region records 6,533 cases
We must protect each other against covid-19 – Imperial General Assurance MD
MUSIGA to set up new Election Committee – Ras Caleb
DSP Azugu being at post is a dereliction of duty on IGP’s part – Agalga
How to know when it’s time to end a toxic friendship
Assault on Citi FM journalist: NMC writes to National Security Ministry for update on investigations
India unlikely to resume sizable Covid-19 vaccine exports until October
Lands Minister, Abu Jinapor embarks on aerial tour of River Pra