A counselor has submitted that wives who spend unnecessary time in church at the expense of their homes portray Christianity in the negative light.
Rev. Mrs. Catherine Onwioduokit said on Joy FM’s Home Affairs programme that these women who abandon their homes and duties and instead spend all their time church, create a disillusionment about who God is and what pleases Him.
“You make Christianity unattractive,” she said in a discussion titled ‘the Church and the Home’.
She believes that attitude only contributes in discouraging others; especially the children of these wives, who may be victims of the neglect, from taking the faith seriously.
“Your testimony cannot be the reason why another person will not take Christ seriously,” she stressed.
Rev. Onwioduokit, popularly known as Mama Cathy also stressed that all those undue hours spent in church “is an error of the highest order’.
She placed the responsibility of handling such issues at the feet of the church leadership.
Rev. Onwioduokit said the leaders of churches must bring such women to order or conscientize them to draw a fine balance between their duties as wives and members.
She was of the opinion that wisdom ought to be applied in drawing the boundary between both church and home duties.
Rev. Onwioduokit was joined by other guests such as Uncle Ebo Whyte and Apostle Emmanuel Nkum, Head of the Radiant Place Church in discussing the sensitive subject.
- I was slapped, kicked in the groin by National Security officials – Citi FM’s Caleb Kudah recounts ordeal
- Citi FM journalist broke GJA code of ethics by filming at National Security premises – Affail Monney
- Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
- I will resign from Parliament if anyone proves that I promised to fix any road – Sam George
- Eight home-based players included in Ghana’s squad to face Morocco and Ivory Coast
- #FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
- Citi FM journalist committed no crime in filming at National Security premises – Samson Anyenini
- Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Mother shares experience
- Inflation returns to single digit of 8.5% in April 2021
- Manner of Citi FM journalists’ arrest worrying – Sulemana Braimah
Academic City holds Diversity Day to deepen understanding of African Culture
German-based Muslim group supports Nsawam-Adoagyiri Zongo communities
IDeL-UEW to establish study centres in some West African Countries
Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
Children with hole in heart need help – Surgeon
Kpone Zonal Councils intensify fight against poor sanitation
Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in Citi FM journalist’s assault
Court adjourns Assin North MP’s case over hearing of applications
Pregnant woman, 2 others feared dead in Tamale-Buipe Highway accident
Ghana ranked 9th in SSA with highest value of energy infrastructure project – Report
UK funds cyber capacity building in Ghana
CSIR wants recognition for research works
Femi Kuti speaks after father, Fela, missed out on 2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction
The neglected woman with a neglected disease
GPL wrap – Medeama and Bechem United lose at home for the first time as Hearts close gap at top