Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has denied reports he has told his players he is leaving the Spanish giants.
claimed the Frenchman informed his squad a week ago that he would leave at the end of the season.
Zidane led Real to a 1-0 win at Athletic Bilbao on Sunday, to take the La Liga title race to the final day.
“How could I tell the players I’m leaving now? We’re giving our everything for the title and I just say ‘by the way, I’m off’?” he said.
“People outside the club can say whatever they like, but I would never, ever say that to my players.”
Real are two points behind league leaders Atletico Madrid, who came from behind to beat Osasuna 2-1 at home.
Zidane’s side face Villarreal at the Bernabeu next Sunday on the final day of the season knowing that, if Atletico lose or draw at Real Valladolid, victory would give them the title.
“At the end of the season, then we’ll see what happens, but right now we’re focused on our final game,” Zidane said.
“We can’t just keep talking about my future. The last game of the season is far more important than that.”
Zidane, 48, is in his second spell as manager at Real, having won three consecutive Champions League titles in his first between 2016 and 2018.
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- We’re sorry for obnoxious statements about Christianity in history textbook – Ghana Authors & Publishers
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- JoyNews premieres ‘Ghana Potholes Exhibition’
- Keta Port will be your legacy if constructed – KIPC CEO to Akufo-Addo
- Resign and concentrate on your health; Ahanta West needs development – NDC tells Kojo Kum
- Tariq Lamptey Foundation donates football kits and equipment to two schools in Asamankese
- OccupyGhana shocked at government’s new position on Public Officers Act after ignoring its calls
- Beyoncé celebrates Blue Ivy after she takes stage at Renaissance world tour
- National Cathedral: Only $22.07m out of $58.14m has gone into actual construction – Ablakwa
- Agorkedzi: Another tidal waves destruction leaves one dead, many homeless
- Immediately transfer shares held by JOHL to GNPC – Minority to government
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Family of late Akwaboah Snr. holds one-week memorial
- POGA 1997 year group celebrates 25th anniversary
- Ghana International School poised to make an impact in Ghana and beyond – Principal discloses
- UNDP, Japan construct reference labs at Kotoka and other ports of entry
- Burning Issues: Pharmacist highlights effect of teenagers’ misuse of contraceptives