Ten people are feared dead after the vehicle they boarded got involved in an accident at Alipe in the Central Gonja District.
Eleven persons including; nine male adults, a woman and a little girl believed to be nine years old died on the spot.
Many others got injured and some are in critical condition after they sustained varying degrees of injuries.
The gory accident happened on the Tamale-Buipe Highway last night around 8:45 pm after a DAF tipper truck with registration number NR 578 F collided with a Toyota minibus AS 2872- 20.
The tipper truck was loaded with sand from Yapei to Tamale and a Kumasi-Tamale bound Toyota minibus was also heading towards the same direction with about 18 passengers on board.
According to police sources, the minibus upon reaching Alipe, veered off its lane into the DAF tipper truck’s lane and collided head-on with the DAF tipper truck resulting in the casualties.
Five persons who sustained various degrees of injuries were also rushed to the same Health Centre and later conveyed to the Tamale Teaching Hospital for treatment.
Akonsi Sumaila, the driver of the minibus, is among the deceased.
All eleven bodies have since been deposited at the Yapei Health Centre Mortuary for autopsy and preservation.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Worlasi releases song for #FixTheCountry campaign
Senior veep of Zipline Africa lauds Ghana for setting pace in adoption of medical drone technology
PFAG trains Farmers at Fumbisi in bush fire prevention
Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
Address economic hardships – BudgIT Ghana to government
Private agribusinesses organize conference on greenhouse production
GOIL donates to Chief Imam towards Eid Al-Fitr
Uber, Bolt, Yango drivers in Kumasi suspend services over life-threatening incidents
UEW Signs MoU with T-TEL to reform Educational Sector
Central Regional House of Chiefs vow to be more development-oriented
New Kejetia Market closed down after Tuesday’s fire
Message from the Morning Man: Albert and the Bees
Asantehene to open Regional Consultative Dialogue on Small-Scale Mining on May 12
Taskforce will curb illegal chainsaw operations – Municipal Director says