The Tepa circuit court in the Ahafo Ano North District has sentenced a 19-year-old unemployed man to seven years imprisonment for causing damage, unlawful entry, and stealing at Tepa.
Enock Gyamfi, alias ‘Easy’, pleaded guilty and was convicted on his plea by the court presided by Mrs Gwendolyn Millicent Owusu.
Police Chief Inspector Jonas Newlove Agyei told the court that the complainant operated a provision store in a container at Tepa, near the Nursing and Midwifery Training School.
He said on March 16 this year, at about midnight, the convict used a kitchen knife and a pair of scissors to damage the front ceiling of the container, entered and stole ₵303.00 cash belonging to the complainant.
The Prosecution said the security man and some nursing students saw him and rushed to the scene.
Sensing danger, the convict came out of the container through the ceiling and he was arrested and sent to the Tepa police station.
Chief Inspector Agyei said in his caution statement, the convict admitted the offence and was charged and brought before the court.
- Bawumia, NPP and NDC bigwigs mourn with Jospong CEO
- Akufo-Addo’s travels have benefits, what about yours? – Presidency to Ablakwa
- IMANI Africa lists 10 challenges with National Cathedral
- Akufo-Addo’s Minister caught in conflict? – JoyNews investigations
- Ablakwa seeking to achieve prominence with negative attacks on Akufo-Addo – Presidency
- MTN FA Cup 2022: Hearts of Oak beat Bechem United to retain title
- Tiler gets 7 years for defilement; claims victim forced him to have sex with her
- Man found dead on a farm after going missing
- Presidential travels: We’re reaping the rewards of bitter seeds – Presidency on Ablakwa’s allegations
- Current government is tolerant – Asabee
Atwima Mponua Rural Bank increases profit margins by 100% in 4 years
DVLA defends position as best procurement institution in public sector
G7 summit: Leaders detail $600bn plan to rival China’s Belt and Road initiative￼
Cape Coast – Twifo Praso road to be closed today for repair works on Junkwa bridge
Intravenous Infusions announces increase in revenue of 9.6% for 2021 financial year
Interest payments to rise further as cost of borrowing increases
Today’s front pages: Monday, June 27, 2022
Government assesses impact of economic interventions from June 27
Akufo-Addo’s Minister caught in conflict? – JoyNews investigations
Current government is tolerant – Asabee
NPP Chairmanship race: I stand tall above the rest – Asabee
NPP Flagbearership race: I have not declared support for Bawumia – Asabee
Tiler gets 7 years for defilement; claims victim forced him to have sex with her
MTN FA Cup 2022: Hearts of Oak beat Bechem United to retain title
Playback: The Probe interviewed Asabeee on NPP Chairmanship race