President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Kurt Okraku, will begin his tenure as head of the football governing body on October 5, 2023, following the decision of the Elections Committee to reschedule the date for Elective Congress.
The Committee announced the new date on Tuesday.
The GFA had scheduled September 27, 2023, for the Congress in Tamale, but due to an application for injunction on the process by King Faisal, which is yet to be heard, the committee has moved the assembly to early next month.
Top on the agenda is the election of the president which will be followed by that of the Executive Council for Women’s football, Division One League representatives, and Premier League.
The new president and his council will be sworn into office after the elections.
With George Afriyie disqualified, Mr Okraku will continue his tenure as president the FA immediately after Congress.
The success of the elections, however, is dependent on the Court’s ruling on the matter.
The parties have made appearances in court twice, August 30 and September 6, 2023.
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift
- I’ll release audio recording of Kan Dapaah’s $1m offer to silence me – Barker-Vormawor
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police arresting protesters without a warrant was unlawful – Inusah Fuseini
- Photos and videos: Protesters hit the street on day 3 of #OccupyJulorbiHouse demonstration
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Organisers of demonstrations must respect the law – Gary Nimako
- Ghana is in a leadership crisis; African leaders lack consciousness – Prof Adu-Gyamfi
- MMALABS signs MoU with Spintex Medical Center to boost quality healthcare
- NPP flagbearer race: Bawumia suspends campaign over ongoing limited registration exercise
- Sharaf Mahama celebrates 26th birthday with donation and reading session with kids
- I’m not the 3rd richest man in Ghana – Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
- MohBad mourners teargassed at Nigeria’s Lekki toll gate after Lagos concert