Nine suspected robbers are in police custody for their involvement in an attack on a mining firm at Enchi in the Western North Region.
They are; Kweku Larry aged 48 years, Morro Gabri, 34, Sulley Adongo, 32, Sem Anthony alias Attah aged 31 years, Mohammed Issah aged 30 years, Solomon Mensah aged 28 years, Tahiru Fatau aged 27 years, Kwame Kunsoro aged 25 years and Kofi Lale aged 18 years.
These suspects were arrested by the Enchi District Police Command in collaboration with the Special Anti-Robbery Squad through an intelligence-led operation on Thursday, December 23.
In a Facebook post, the Police indicated that on Monday, December 20, suspects Sem Anthony and Kweku Larry in the company of a Chinese national reported at the Enchi Police Station that they had been robbed of their black Pump action gun, an lnfinix Spark 5 mobile phone together with an OPPO cell phone and an unspecified amount of money by a group of armed men at the outskirt of Ankaase.
“Acting on intelligence gathered, the Wenchi District Police Commander together with the Anti-Robbery Squad carried out a targeted special operation on the night of Thursday, December 23, 2021, leading to the arrest of the nine suspects.”
Investigations established that suspects Kweku Larry, Tahiru Fatau and Sulley Adongo are security guards at the mining firm, and suspect Sem Anthony alias Attah, the driver of the miners conspired and masterminded the robbery.
According to the Police report, a search on them led to the retrieval of an amount of GH₵ 4,500.00 which they admitted was part of their share of the booty.
Three other suspects are currently on the run. However, the Service has assured that the Anti-Robbery Squad is vigorously pursuing the remaining three to face prosecutions.
Meanwhile, the Police Administration has commended the Enchi District Police Command for its swift response in arresting the robbery suspects.
“We are determined to flush out criminals within our communities for peace and security,” the Service concluded.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ70k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display
- Police to probe death of Yul Edochie’s son
- Morocco King hailed for the Atlas Lions’ growing status
- Managers of Hillburi hotel arrested for alleged power theft
- Blatant power theft in Ghana very worrying – ECG
- Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ excites patrons
- ‘He’s clueless’ – Derek Boateng lashes out at Milovan Rajevac