Audio By Carbonatix
The father of the 15-year-old boy, Stephen Sarpong, who was allegedly killed and his body butchered and stored in a double door fridge, has described the suspect, Richard Appiah as a friend and business partner.
Speaking to the media, Saturday, August 21, he said he could never have suspected his friend of committing such an atrocious act against him and his family.
The 28-year-old suspect is in police custody in Sunyani after the butchered body parts of the JHS 2 student were found in his double door fridge.
The lifeless body of the suspect’s 12-year-old stepbrother, Louis Agyemang, and a yet-to-be-identified body was also found in his apartment.
The father of Stephen Sarpong, Yeboah Asuama, said, “It was a Sunday when my son told me that he was going to the canteen we operate about 300 metres from our home. But, unfortunately, that was the last time we saw him.
“We had waited for him the entire night to return, but he didn’t. So the next morning, we reported the incident to the Police. We heard nothing concerning the police investigation until this morning when we heard that our neighbour had killed Stephen.
“When we went to look, he [the suspect] had butchered Stephen’s hands, his feet, and head and stored it in his fridge.”
According to him, the suspect, Richard Appiah, was a friend he worked with in the construction business. The suspect was a surveyor.
“The young man, truth be told, is my friend. It was only four days ago that he came to my house that – I also work with him, he’s a surveyor – he came to tell me that the land he was planning on developing had sand and blocks on it and he wanted me to sell it for him, so I did.
“Just yesterday, the young man came to my house to tell me that if he did not get the money by evening time, he would sell it to another person. And I told him I had already sold it and that the buyer would bring the money within the day.
"So that evening, a friend of mine and I took the money from the sales to his house and gave it to him. ¢150 million in total, and he gave us a receipt. And he came to escort us home.”
“Never, never, never – I have heard of no such thing before, and I would have never suspected him. He used to cook and eat with my children. They were also friends,” he added.
Meanwhile, the IGP has directed the CID to provide technical support to the police team in the Bono Region in the investigation.
The IGP and his team are also expected in Sunyani this morning.
Latest Stories
-
Pink Ladies Cup: Six debutants named in Black Queens squad for tournament
4 minutes -
Open letter to Education Minister: Rising student deviance and the urgent need for national parental responsibility framework
15 minutes -
President Mahama to deliver State of the Nation Address on February 27
15 minutes -
Dr Kotia backs Ghana’s move to refer maritime boundary dispute with Togo to International arbitration
17 minutes -
When “substantive ” become a security strategy — Rev Ntim Fordjour’s nameplate doctrine
23 minutes -
No plan to pay cocoa farmers, yet ready to change NIB to BNI—Dr Ekua Amoakoh
24 minutes -
COCOBOD is not your cover story. It will not be your scapegoat
25 minutes -
BOST Energies welcomes Salifu Nat Acheampong as new Deputy Managing Director
32 minutes -
NIB or BNI: Will changing the name solve the problem? Asks Prof. Boadi
36 minutes -
Abidjan to host DRIF 2026 as global talks on digital rights and inclusion open for registration
40 minutes -
CEPI unveils new plan to protect the world from deadly disease outbreaks
45 minutes -
NVI survey aims to build trust in local vaccines across Ghana
50 minutes -
Kofi Asmah Writes: From seedlings to strategy: Can Ghana process 50%?
1 hour -
Kofi Asmah Writes: The land we may never build on
1 hour -
3, including woman, arrested in Obuasi anti-robbery operation
1 hour
