President Akufo-Addo has directed Lands and Natural Resources Minister, Samuel Abu Jinapor to assume responsibility as Trade and Industry Minister pending the appointment of a substantive person.
His caretaker duties as the Trade Minister takes effect from January 16.
This was contained in a statement from the Director of Communications at the Office of the President.
The President in an earlier statement tasked the Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta to act as the caretaker Minister for the Ministry.
This followed the resignation of Alan Kyerematen as Trade Minister. President Akufo-Addo while accepting his resignation wished Alan well in his future endeavours.
His resignation was believed to afford him time to pursue his presidential ambition. Subsequently, Alan Kyerematen officially declared his intention to contest in the flagbearership race of the New Patriotic Party.
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Protect KNUST brand for sustainable growth – KNUST VC urges alumni
- Cash-and-carry’ identified as cause of inappropriate antibiotics use in rural communities – KHRC research
- Pete Edochie reacts to death of grandson
- Bawumia launches GRA’s E-Tax Compliance Certificate to facilitate revenue mobilisation
- Photos: Adom FM and Adom TV climax Ghana Month celebration with Durbar
- We were told he’s busy – National Film Authority reacts to Spike Lee’s comments
- New James Bond story ‘On His Majesty’s Secret Service’ commissioned to celebrate King Charles’ coronation
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Gwyneth Paltrow awarded $1 and cleared of fault over ski crash
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Anny Osabutey: At what point do we call ourselves a sovereign nation?
- Absa Group announces net zero targets as part of Broader Sustainability/Sustainable Finance Goals
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Avoiding the new marketing myopia – returning marketing to its noble roots
- Gold Mafia: Zimbabwe’s implicated preacher orders attack on anyone accuses him of smuggling