Egyptian club Pyramids FC, formed 12 years ago, beat Horoya of Guinea 2-0 on Tuesday in Rabat to reach the African Confederation Cup final.
The semi-final victory earned the Cairo outfit a place in their first final of an African club competition.
Pyramids will meet Morocco’s Renaissance Berkane in Sunday’s finale which will also be played in Rabat.
Berkane beat fellow Moroccans Hassania Agadir 2-1 in their semi-final on Monday night.
Second half goals from Ibrahim Hassan and Abdallah El Said gave Pyramids the victory against their Guinean opponents.
Horoya thought they had pulled one back in the closing stages through Alseny Camara, only for it to be disallowed after a VAR check.
A penalty awarded to Pyramids earlier in the game was also overruled by VAR.
Pyramids only won promotion to the top flight in Egypt six years ago but have flourished after Saudi investment allowed them to buy top players.
- We tried to have children for about 10 years – Ebo Whyte’s wife recounts
- #FixTheCountry: How an IGP meet-up turned into a ‘Cabinet Meeting’, without the IGP – Convenor reveals
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- #FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
- I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
- Angry Ghanaian youth take #FixTheCountry protests to social media after court injunction
- #FixTheCountry: Bang your utensils, toot your horns on Sunday – Conveners announce format for virtual protest
- It’ll take time for government to get economy back on track – Kojo Oppong Nkrumah
- Benjamin Azamati qualifies for Tokyo Olympics 200m event
- Vehicle towing cost to be borne by insurance industry – NIC Commissioner
Livestream: Finance Minister addresses nation amidst #FixTheCountry protest
South Sudan’s president dissolves Parliament
Akufo-Addo is fixing the country’s challenges better – Kojo Opoku
Let’s jealously defend the Constitution – NCCE
Prof Sitsofe Enyonam Anku
Angry Ghanaian youth take #FixTheCountry protests to social media after court injunction
Mothers’ Day message from First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo
GAF appeals for support for 37 Military Hospital
#FixTheCountry convener’s claim of phone cloning false and baseless – Oppong Nkrumah
#FixTheCountry: Bang your utensils, toot your horns on Sunday – Conveners announce format for virtual protest
Collapsed gold mine kills at least 15 in Guinea
Mother’s Day: Your hard work will never go unrewarded – Lordina Mahama
AU Heads of States direct AfCFTA negotiations to be concluded by June
Electoral Commission has no beef with NDC – Bossman Asare
Joe Ligon: America’s ‘longest juvenile lifer’ on 68 years in prison