Before the end of 2019, President Akufo-Addo hosted some of the famous personalities that were still town at his Nima residence for a private party.
The party which came off on Monday was graced by Nigerian singer, Davido who kept the party alive with his hit songs.
The ‘Year of Return’ policy was introduced by government to encourage people from the diaspora to visit the country and connect with their origin.
Celebrities like Black Panther star Lupita Nyong’o were all present at the event.
In a photo with award-winning actress, Lupita Nyong’o, Beyonce’s mother, Tina Knowles-Lawson were captured smiling cheerfully.
American Businesswoman, Bazoma Saint John who was also present shared a photo with a captioned which reveals she was on her third trip to the country.
“When I introduce @nimotalaiganiyu as “my assistant”, people usually think I said “my sister”… and now we’re twinning on our 3rd trip to Ghana this year, celebrating at The President & First Lady’s cocktail party. “
View this post on Instagram
You know how ”they” say that if you spend a lot of time with someone, you start to look alike? ðŸ¤·ðŸ¿”â™€ï¸ When I introduce @nimotalaiganiyu as “my assistant”, people usually think I said “my sister”… and now we”™re twinning on our 3rd trip to Ghana this year, celebrating at The President & First Lady”™s cocktail party. Soooo… I think “they” are right. Also, these jumpsuits are right. Right??! â£ â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£ #DaughterOfTheSoilâ£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£ #GhanaForeverâ£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£ #AfricaNowâ£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£ #YearOfReturnâ£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£ #EssenceFullCircleFestivalâ£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£â£ â£â£â£â£â£ â£Mine styled by @germanee_g; hers curated by â£ @afrikrea, designed by @beccaapparel
During his performance, Davido shared his moment with the President and his wife who hosted the event at their home at Nima in Accra.
Earlier that day, President Nana Akufo-Addo touted the progress of the Year of Return, describing activities generated by the campaign in Ghana as a “welcomed shock”.
In October this year, the President launched the “Year of Return” to make Ghana the focus for millions of African descendants reacting to their marginalization by tracing their ancestry and their identity.
So far, the Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) revealed they spent GHC6m on the policy’s campaign.
Meanwhile, Nana Addo has launched an extension of the “Year of Return” which he calls “Beyond the Return The Diaspora Dividend”
- Debt Exchange: 8 banks highly exposed to government bonds, may be hit hardest – Report
- Minority loses censure motion to dismiss Ofori-Atta
- Playback: Parliament determines Ken Ofori-Atta’s fate
- Cedi strengthens further against dollar; $1 now ¢13
- 2023 Budget: 4 key areas that received less allocation than National Cathedral
- Ofori-Atta’s censure motion: Our side didn’t take sitting allowances – Ablakwa
- Driver’s mate killed, 2 in critical condition in gory accident at Gomoa Dominase
- Kalybos and I will have a child together if we are still single in 2 years – Ahuofe Patri
- ‘Ajax is getting too small for Mohammed Kudus’ – Inaki Williams
- Censure motion: Majority MPs walk out as Minority members cast vote
- Debt Exchange Programme: BoG urges banks to participate, announces relief packages
- Electronic Tax Clearance Certificate to ensure transparency in taxation – GRA
- Central Tongu MP pledges to support Mafi Anfoe youth to construct bungalow for teachers
- Expect prices of books to increase – GNAAP to schools and parents
- UG Parliament: Majority Caucus petitions Speaker over academic, residential fees increment
- Typhoid vaccine should complement WASH – Dr. Nsiah Asare
- You have to be a fisherman’s girlfriend to purchase his catch – Fish processors
- Censure motions are serious parliamentary business – Abu Jinapor
- KiDi to collaborate with Bollywood star on new track
- Suspension of road toll collection was not done legally – Sulemana Briamah
- Ghanaian adults prefer religious and traditional justice systems to formal one – GSS
- Improving rural education: A teacher is giving hope to pupils of Nkwantapong D/A Primary School
- Kumawood actor Okomfo Kolege tearfully announces wife’s burial date
- I am not prepared to fail – Prof. Addai-Mensah tells union executives at KATH
- Playback: PM Express business edition discuss market confidence risk and debt restructuring programme