Highlife legend Daniel Amakye Dede, popularly known as Abrantie, has hinted of a new song with award-winning rapper Sarkodie.
Speaking on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show on Thursday, he stated that he is coming up with a collaboration with Sarkodie, “which will soon be released.”
“It’s a nice, beautiful music which will be out soon,” he said.
Amakye Dede has achieved incredible feats in the music industry, releasing hits such as ‘Handkerchief,’ ‘Seniwa,’ ‘Brebrebe Yi,’ ‘Mensuro,’ ‘Mabre,’ ‘Broken Promises,’ ‘Nsuo Amuna,’ ‘Sokoo na mmaa pe,’ ‘To be a man na war,’ and ‘Iron Boy,’ among others.
However, little can be said with regards to collaborations, especially with local artistes.
Asked by host Winston Amoah why the change of mind, he explained that Sarkodie was his preferred choice because “he is someone everyone wants to listen to.”
“I’ve played with him in London, I played with him in Kumasi and it was marvelous. He’s very good and very respectful so I chose to collaborate with him,” he added.
The ace highlife musician has over 20 albums to his credit and has experimented with different genres; soca, calypso, lovers rock, and pop music. He has headlined so many concerts locally and internationally.
He began his career in 1973 when he joined the Kumapim Royals as a composer and vocalist. This band, led by Akwasi Ampofo Agyei (AAA), had hits such as “Abebi Bewua Eso”, “Wanware Me A”, “Odo Mani Agyina”, and the seminal “Ohohoo Batani”. After that, Dede moved to Nigeria, where he had his hit “Jealousy go shame.”
He then formed his own band, the Apollo High Kings, in 1980. He dominated the highlife scene in the 1980s and 1990s and has continued to have hit songs in the 21st century.
He has headlined so many concerts locally and internationally.
In 2018, Amakye Dede was installed as a Chief [Okredom I] by the Omanhene of Asante Akyem Agogo, Nana Kwame Akuoko Sarpong.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’